Holes in Finals?

I think it's pretty amazing that they're not more holes in the top corps. The rigors of the season, and the physical demands of the members is great. I don't think I'd last through 1/2 the season, let alone what they do from May to August. I don't think these kids get enough credit and appreciation for what they put up with physically. Also, it's a tribute to food services and trainers of the corps that ensures proper nutrition and care for the performers!

I think we'd see more holes if injured members weren't so persistant on working through their injuries. The only time a member would go home, is if they are unable to march at all, or face permanent damage, from what I've seen. Corps are often especially injury conscious coming up to the last leg of the season. Not to mention stretching is one of the best ways to prevent a lot of injuries. Definitely gotta give it to those members who are able to stick it through, despite an injury. Bluecoats hornline had a few people that did that this year, if I remember correctly.

Give me all the negatives you want (like I care in the first place). I'm just passing on the word from a source I trust who has managed and instructed in this activity for many years.

I think we'd see more holes if injured members weren't so persistant on working through their injuries. The only time a member would go home, is if they are unable to march at all, or face permanent damage, from what I've seen. Corps are often especially injury conscious coming up to the last leg of the season. Not to mention stretching is one of the best ways to prevent a lot of injuries. Definitely gotta give it to those members who are able to stick it through, despite an injury. Bluecoats hornline had a few people that did that this year, if I remember correctly.

Regiment had a trumpet player from this season who had a hairline fracture in his/her jaw but played anyway.

1348614825[/url]' post='3219520']

Regiment had a trumpet player from this season who had a hairline fracture in his/her jaw but played anyway.

She did not know she had a fracture until after the season was over. But it would not have stopped her. She had missed the last half of a season in 2010 I believe due to a hip or leg fracture.

She did not know she had a fracture until after the season was over. But it would not have stopped her. She had missed the last half of a season in 2010 I believe due to a hip or leg fracture.

Maybe she'll not be injured next year (age-out year iirc)...but I wouldn't bet on it. lol

Will yours be marching his age-out next year?

A reason there was no sanction placed on the corps was that the kids fooled even immigration with the passports. Can you imagine the trouble that alone could have got them in?

I hadn't heard about what Gail Royer told them. Does anyone have the back story after that?

There are several versions to that story. The one that I heard was that one of the guys had a falling out with his "girlfriend" (or so he thought) and she dropped a dime on him.