Are their any ccorps searching,auditioning, looking for drum majors?

Im Dominick Craig (Nick) nice to meet you, Im very interested in trying out for the role of Drum Major and or Assist. Drum Major for the 2013 season. . I age-out of DCI

in 2010 as head drum major of the Velvet Knights in Open Class whichwe finished 12th at the World Championship. I personally have been involved with DCI for 10yrs, marching and or conducting(Drum Major or Assist. DM) with various corps suchs as but not in the correct order:

Marion Glory Cadets

Southwind

Capital Regiment

Pioneer

Phantom Regiment

Velvets Knights

BlueCoats

I graduated from Olentangy High School under the direction of Mike Lutz in 2007, in high school I was head field commander (Drum Major) for 3 out the 4 yrs! My freshaman year I was a member of the tenor sax line. Very proud to say that I helped my high school band to a undefeated 3 years as head drum major including receiving various awards, titles, state championships, Mid States Championships, and 2 BOA appereances. I also attended and staffed George N. Parks Drum Major Academy. Mr. Parks played a vital role in developing who I am today! Currently Im a full time student athlete at Defiance College double majoring in athletic training & psychology with a minor in autism. Im a member of the cheerleading squad & lacrosse team. I also coach competitive all star cheerleadingfor Midwest Cheer Elite & staff member for AmeriCheer! I hope this gives you an insight of my experience and hope to be in contact soon! If interested and or would like to talk please email me at nickcraig28@gmail.com

Thank you so much,

Dominick R.S. Craig (Nick)

Eyes with Pride!

Sounds like you are not to far from Cinncinati Tradition. Look them up on the Web! They are a great bunch with an agressive program.

I think you just need to hit the DCA sight and then inquire the different corps that interest you. I am sure each corps handles the role of Drum Major differently. Some may only promote from within existing ranks, some may audition for the position from any and all interested. At Atlanta CV it was an open audition for me and the other candidates. I would just start making contacts with those that peak your interest.

Good Luck,

Dan

Bush was looking for a DM a couple weeks back, there is a thread in this forum about it. Haven't heard if the opening is still available. FWIW, most DCA corps appear to be having their open house/auditions over the long Thanksgiving weekend, I would pick a couple that interest you and in within your geographic preference and pay them a visit.

Bush was looking for a DM a couple weeks back, there is a thread in this forum about it. Haven't heard if the opening is still available. FWIW, most DCA corps appear to be having their open house/auditions over the long Thanksgiving weekend, I would pick a couple that interest you and in within your geographic preference and pay them a visit.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/154305-2013-drum-major-search/

Bush is still accepting applications. Auditions coming soon.