Valve oil?

Ch1k3n

I have to agree on all the "dislike" of the blue juice crap, I have never(and have been marching for ever) had any luck with that crap. Give your horn a good flush with plain warm water, take out all the valves and slides, a good valve casing brush, available at most music stores will help loosen all the gunk in the casings. Wipe off your valves, give them a light spray of WD40, wait a couple of minutes, wipe them well and relube with anything but blue juice. Grease up all you slides after everything dries and put it all back together, that horn will play like a new instrument. Works like a charm on my 15 plus year old silver Mello as well as my trumpets and soprano bugles. I try to do that once a year to all of them and follow up with a light polish. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer to use Al Cass. When I used my friend's blue juice, I did like it, but I found myself going back to Al Cass.