Human assisted robotic drum set

I think the idea has potential. There are golf bags which are motorized and not tethered which follow the golfer around electronically, so the concept is not new. I see it having more potential with smaller bands, and even in color guard props.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSH0FiKcPzo

Boo, are there rules in DCI which prohibit this sort of (electronic) device?

Edited by wvu80

I think the idea has potential. There are golf bags which are motorized and not tethered which follow the golfer around electronically, so the concept is not new. I see it having more potential with smaller bands, and even in color guard props.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSH0FiKcPzo

Boo, are there rules in DCI which prohibit this sort of (electronic) device?

To the best of my knowledge, not yet.

Boo, are there rules in DCI which prohibit this sort of (electronic) device? (wvu80)

To the best of my knowledge, not yet.

There are already non-corps members controlling electronic sound boards from the sidelines. What is to prevent non-corps members from using radio controlled (RC) drum platforms, or RC planes which carry banners high over the corps while performing?

I vote "no."

• Like 1

There are already non-corps members controlling electronic sound boards from the sidelines. What is to prevent non-corps members from using radio controlled (RC) drum platforms, or RC planes which carry banners high over the corps while performing?

I vote "no."

The drum pod is not really remotely radio controlled...It is directed around by the movement of the person playing it. A radio controlled plane would not be allowed because if it went haywire, it could crash into the audience and hurt someone. I personally don't see the assisted drum pod going out of control and terrorizing anyone, at least any more than drummers sometimes are prone to do.

The drum pod is not really remotely radio controlled...It is directed around by the movement of the person playing it. A radio controlled plane would not be allowed because if it went haywire, it could crash into the audience and hurt someone.

I knew the pod was human controlled, I guess I extrapolated to the next logical crazy level.

I personally don't see the assisted drum pod going out of control and terrorizing anyone, at least any more than drummers sometimes are prone to do.

[/quote

What are you, a tuba player?

I resemble that remark! :w00t:

+++

Here's some Music for a Sunday Morning for you, Boo. US Army Field Band, audio only, 2003 Myrtle Beach. Listen to the first half, and go directly to Russian Christmas Music. Good stuff. (the audio requires Apple's Quick Time, and it works better in Explorer than Firefox)

Edited by wvu80

Here's some Music for a Sunday Morning for you, Boo. US Army Field Band, audio only, 2003 Myrtle Beach. Listen to the first half, and go directly to Russian Christmas Music. Good stuff. (the audio requires Apple's Quick Time, and it works better in Explorer than Firefox)

When?

When?

If you are asking about the Quick Time, in FF you can't "fast forward" to the end of the concert. In IE (not the 64-bit version) you can go directly to the end, in this case where Russ Chris Music is played, end of the first half of the concert.

I knew the pod was human controlled, I guess I extrapolated to the next logical crazy level.

What are you, a tuba player?

Here's some Music for a Sunday Morning for you, Boo...

Extrapolating to the next crazy level is how we got some of the rules we're now enjoying. :devil:

I'm a percussionist, but I start euphonium lessons this week and will be playing in a local TubaChristmas concert, so I expect to be conflicted in the future. :rolleyes:

There's no link for the music.

Extrapolating to the next crazy level is how we got some of the rules we're now enjoying. :devil:/>

I'm a percussionist, but I start euphonium lessons this week and will be playing in a local TubaChristmas concert, so I expect to be conflicted in the future. :rolleyes:/>

There's no link for the music.

If a Percussionist can pick up a Euphonium, take just a few lessons, and then perform in a Tuba-Christmas Concert, what does that imply about the demands and qualities of Euphonium 'Players'? :tongue::w00t::doh: