Human assisted robotic drum set

Have no link to open Mr. Mountaineer.

http://www.armyfield.../broadcast.html

For Russian Christmas Music, go to 2003, Myrtle Beach, first half.

All of this stuff is terrific, and I think you will find many drum corps classics in their VOD recordings. Simple Song is in there, Summit, Col. 2003 is haunting.

Edited by wvu80

If a Percussionist can pick up a Euphonium, take just a few lessons, and then perform in a Tuba-Christmas Concert, what does that imply about the demands and qualities of Euphonium 'Players'? :tongue:/> :w00t:/> :doh:/>

Well, it's not a fair comparison. I have quite an extensive training in music, so I'm not starting from scratch as beginners do. Plus, I used to be a band director (over three decades ago), so I've taught the instrument, though probably not well. I would never not want to be percussionist, because I enjoy the wide variety of instruments I get to play; but I do find working on a totally different instrument to be quite a bit of fun.

Well, it's not a fair comparison. I have quite an extensive training in music, so I'm not starting from scratch as beginners do. Plus, I used to be a band director (over three decades ago), so I've taught the instrument, though probably not well. I would never not want to be percussionist, because I enjoy the wide variety of instruments I get to play; but I do find working on a totally different instrument to be quite a bit of fun.

Boo: Are you being PC and not wanting Percussionists (who normally take the brunt of much ribbing) to make fun of Euph players, or did you just flat not get the joke?

Boo: Are you being PC and not wanting Percussionists (who normally take the brunt of much ribbing) to make fun of Euph players, or did you just flat not get the joke?

I got that you were joking. Kind of hard not to do so with three smileys. It's just that I'm a little too proud of myself for taking up another instrument. I'm doing everything I can to stay off the streets.

This is certainly not new stuff in the music technology realm. The Music Technology folks at my alma mater, Georgia Tech, had a robot that can not only play complementary rhythms to a human player but improvise and create new music. Also, a robot that can play marimba, which they've showed off in this commercial here (fun fact, the human drummer is a Spirit alum).