By the way, at Riverside, I thought that SCV show was more interesting than the PR show. I hope they livened it up a bit. 

Good morning:

From what I understand, SCV wrote a new closer that features the cymbals in a wild center drill into the famous "V" at the finale. Also something about two guard members and two horn members - this is all second hand and I haven't seen it yet. Anyone care to elaborate?

MAV

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, at Riverside, I thought that SCV show was more interesting than the PR show. I hope they livened it up a bit. 

Good morning:

From what I understand, SCV wrote a new closer that features the cymbals in a wild center drill into the famous "V" at the finale. Also something about two guard members and two horn members - this is all second hand and I haven't seen it yet. Anyone care to elaborate?

MAV

You're right about the "V" at the end of the show. The crowd just went completely nuts in Houston when they saw that.

The funny thing was, is because of that the crowd just sat there at the end for a second, then realized the show was over, then started clapping. It was awkward to say the least!

The lack of crowd response at the end of the show proves that most of the people were watching the fallen drummer rather than focusing on the show itself. I know I was. I'm of the opinion that he should have simply gone to the corner of the field and stood there for the remainder of the show (there was only about 20 seconds left anyway) rather than meander around the field while attempting those repairs.

Coro, nice review. Nice meeting you at Hard Rock. The Cavie guy on here that took your comments so personally, he wanted to know why Cavies were 2 points ahead of BDs. Its the music man. Blue Devils have a challenging book that has runs and high solo parts etc. Cavies are playing a very controlled sound and doing so they can tweak the crap out of it. Much easier to keep whole notes and quarter notes in tune rather than 8 note runs. Van Mathews isn't done with the Blue Devils horn line and I think Mr Gibbs wants to dethrone the Green Machine.

Seperate note, last year was the first musical book since I've been around since 91 that I did not like from the Cavies. This year, I dislike this book much more. Music is melodic, but doesn't do a thing for. If it wasn't for the visual package this show has, I'd be out in the hot dog line getting a soda during it, because the only emotion the 2003 musical book SPIN envolkes with ME is a YAWN.