*** RENEGADES launch 2013 Evil Uniform Campaign ****

Wait, so you just got new uniforms 4 years ago and now want to go BACK to the old style ones?

and to quote the campaign page: "proceeds will be spent on new (badly needed) uniforms"

How can that be after only a few seasons?

money_down_toilet-2.jpg

You're assuming the only reason a new uniform is "badly needed" would be because the other one is old and falling apart.

It's all good. Hope you can come out and enjoy a show.

Rock on.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I see that Lee has responded in a much more eloquent fashion.

Ok..NOW rock on. LOL

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa
  • Like 3

To help clarify things for anyone who has concerns about the use of funds, I added this specific Q&A to the Renegades Indiegogo page (below). If anyone thinks I would risk my law license over some sort of secret fraudulent way for Renegades to raise money to get to Europe, you're misguided. Also, please know that this is not the last Renegades fundraiser of 2013 -- this is the first of many. Enjoy --

What's up with the disclaimer at the top of the page? How can I be sure this is not a top secret plot to use the funds for a European vacation?

The disclaimer at the top of the page was added automatically from Indiegogo, as they do with all campaigns launched by third parties to benefit a nonprofit (here, members of the Renegades board of directors).

Please know that 100% of the revenue raised here will be spent on the new uniforms. Lee Rudnicki, the President of our Board of Directors, is a licensed attorney, and he will be happy to discuss the use of funds raised from this Indiegogo campaign with you, should you still have questions.

If Renegades pass the $10,000 goal, all excess funds go into the Renegades travel fund.

• Like 3

You're assuming the only reason a new uniform is "badly needed" would be because the other one is old and falling apart.

It's all good. Hope you can come out and enjoy a show.

Rock on.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I see that Lee has responded in a much more eloquent fashion.

Ok..NOW rock on. LOL

Same as it ever was, Lisa-Lisa. :music:

• Like 2

Hello everyone. Welcome to the latest fun.

Please note -- I am speaking on behalf of the Renegades Board of Directors. I am also speaking as a producer who launched this fundraiser, and also as the person who actually wrote the descriptions of awards.

So, this is first-hand information.

it is unfortunate that some would make hurtful and accusatory statements about a nonprofit's fundraiser without trying to get the correct the information from the organization first.

If anyone feels so inclined to get accurate information, please drop me an email or call me, I would be happy to chat and explain anything to you. Interestingly enough, the last three times I reached out to people who questioned or attacked the Renegades and offered to explain things -- I did not receive a response. So, please know that other than one former percussion instructor who crossed the line x 7,000 in an attempt to hurt the organization, my door remains open.

To be clear, and I state this as President of the Board and an attorney -- each and every dollar raised from this Indiegogo campaign is earmarked for new uniforms and will be used for no other purpose.

The disclaimer at the top of the page came from Indiegogo, as they do with all campaigns launched by third parties (here, the board of directors) to benefit a nonprofit organization. There is no conspiracy, no secret financial plans to use the money for European travel or anything else. If you doubt this, I will be happy to show you the financial records when the purchase is made.

Further, as the drafter of all text on the Indiegogo page, my apologies to anyone who was under the misimpression that the two word choice of "badly needed" was a play of the sympathy card. Frankly, if you don't have sympathy for the Renegades after the corps pragmatically folded after DCA, those two words won't change your mind at this point. However, please know that I wrote those two words because - in the unanimous opinion of our design team -- the return to Evil uniforms IS badly needed from a design standpoint. Are the uniforms from last year falling part? No. They just don't fit the Renegades image that the design team has chosen for the Renegades moving forward, and we will not be deviating from a return to the black trench coats once they are back. To avoid further confusion, I will delete the words "badly needed" from Indiegogo.

What now? We are working very hard to bring the Renegades back to the stature they reached before, and then some. We have a dynamite staff and dynamite show, and the chaos starts on January 26. Many great staff members from the past have either stepped up their role considerably (i.e., Dave Glyde and John Meehan) or have returned after an absence of many years (i.e., Ed Teleky,Kevin Murray, me etc.). And believe it or not, we're hyped and having fun.

My friends, if you hate the Renegades, are happy the corps got banned from DCA, or don't want to help the nonprofit raise so much as a dime, that's perfectly fine, we respect your opinion. But please have the common decency and respect for the drum and bugle activity to let the Renegades corps succeed or fail on its own terms. There is no reason to throw rocks at a corps just because you're not part of it anymore, you are unhappy with the creative direction, or it doesn't come to your show. Drum corps is a family, and should be treated as such. This thread ... ain't it.

I get it, so anyone who questions something automatically hates the Renegades. I guess questions about news release for anything are not allowed at all.

Point being, the uniforms are not badly needed, you just want to return to your original identity. Which we all get. That is not a need but a want. But next time don't get rid of the uniforms OR offer to sell the old ones back to current members as a supplement.

I want the Renegades to exist. I want them in DCA and not in Europe. Let that be said. But if you are asking me if I have no sympathy for what members were caught doing and after sanctions were leveled and agreed to by one of your elected members, then the answer is no. It is unfortunate and I wish the innocent people who have been effected don't have to go through with this. But my band director in high school always told us, the group can and will always be judged by the bad actions of a few and not the good actions of many.

That being said, good luck in your fundraiser!

• Like 4

To avoid further confusion, I will delete the words "badly needed" from Indiegogo.

Apparently, that move was badly needed. :tongue:

I get it, so anyone who questions something automatically hates the Renegades. I guess questions about news release for anything are not allowed at all.

No, that's not a fair or accurate assessment, Kyle.

This was not a thread of innocent questions posed by potential donors to a nonprofit campaign. The implication was made that the Renegades fundraiser was fraudulent, and the funds were secretly earmarked for another purpose. In the real business world, that method of asking questions will get you hauled into court. It's called libel. Please know, I'm not playing lawyer here, merely pointing out that painting this as some sort of counterattack on innocent questions by fans is not accurate.

Again, if anyone has any questions about this fundraiser or the 700 others to follow, please drop me an email or pick up the phone. I am happy to chat.

Lee

• Like 2

Apparently, that move was badly needed. :tongue:/>

Those two words set of an orange alert in Sacramento and the East Coast. hehehe.

Apparently, I need a thesaurus. :devil:

I know i am stating the obvious when i say that this activity will only continue to get weaker if we stop supporting each other in the endeavors. More drum corps for everyone.....even if its evil. ^_^

• Like 1

>> But if you are asking me if I have no sympathy for what members were caught doing and after sanctions were leveled and agreed to by one of your elected members, then the answer is no. It is unfortunate and I wish the innocent people who have been effected don't have to go through with this. But my band director in high school always told us, the group can and will always be judged by the bad actions of a few and not the good actions of many.

Kyle, there is nothing that I can say on the topic of DCA 2012 that I haven't already publicly said here on Drum Corps Planet, and much of it was on behalf of the Renegades. If you want to re-visit that issue or hear what I had to say, please look in the DCP archives - it's all here, and I stand behind everything I said on the topic.

As for Renegades returning to DCA someday the future, that's a definite possibility, but bridges would first need to be built in both directions, and I don't see any progress in that area right now. Personally, and speaking for Lee Rudnicki only -- I think DCA may not see Renegades again, for the simple reason that nothing indicates that DCA or DCA corps want Renegades to be in the mix. That's not a play for sympathy, boo-hoo-hoo, that's just my personal assessment after being in the front lines of all of the chaos and failed negotiations after DCA. I think the Renegades have a bright future, but that future will not be business as usual, and it may not include DCA again. But then again, never say never. We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

I know i am stating the obvious when i say that this activity will only continue to get weaker if we stop supporting each other in the endeavors. More drum corps for everyone.....even if its evil. ^_^

I think we should make the activity as expensive as possible to field a corps, and fight like cats and dogs. :doh:

• Like 2