Cali Corps in Indy?

From looking at the schedules, it looks like none of the Open Class corps from southern California are traveling out of their state this year. Is there any more info or corrections on that? It would be sad to find out that Gold isn't returning to Indy after their tremendous success last year, or that Impulse isn't trying again. The schedule does say that Thunder is going to Denver though.

From looking at the schedules, it looks like none of the Open Class corps from southern California are traveling out of their state this year. Is there any more info or corrections on that? It would be sad to find out that Gold isn't returning to Indy after their tremendous success last year, or that Impulse isn't trying again. The schedule does say that Thunder is going to Denver though.

It's unfortunate to see the Open Class be represented less and less every season at Finals. But it is also respected when organizations choose to stay local/regional and not spend their corps to the point where they would have to fold.

If only combining corps' efforts to make a large socal corps would be as easy as people make it sound. :unhappy:

• Like 1

Hey there, I'm currently auditioning to be part of Gold this year, and from what I've heard so far, it does sound like we're still going to Indy. However, I also have found it a little weird that the current schedule on dci.org doesn't seem to indicate that we're traveling out of state at all. I think maybe dates will be added to the schedule as summer gets closer, but I wouldn't really know for sure as this will be my first summer marching with a drum corps. All I know is that, from what I've heard from staff members and vets at the auditions I've been to so far, Gold should be returning to Indy in 2013. Hopefully this applies to the other open class corps as well!

Hey there, I'm currently auditioning to be part of Gold this year, and from what I've heard so far, it does sound like we're still going to Indy. However, I also have found it a little weird that the current schedule on dci.org doesn't seem to indicate that we're traveling out of state at all. I think maybe dates will be added to the schedule as summer gets closer, but I wouldn't really know for sure as this will be my first summer marching with a drum corps. All I know is that, from what I've heard from staff members and vets at the auditions I've been to so far, Gold should be returning to Indy in 2013. Hopefully this applies to the other open class corps as well!

I may be wrong, but sometimes it takes a while for DCI to finalize and confirm the schedules of each individual corps. So it is also very possible that some socal corps, including Gold, have plans to head to finals this upcoming season, but it just hasn't been reflected on the official DCI site yet due to formalities. I know this is usually the case when a new corps comes in to play as well, they will be listed under "review" on the website until the first week of the actual season.

So now I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :thumbup:

CA.jpgrocks.jpg

I marched Gold last year, and yes we are going back to finals, but they are still working out scheduling. This was the same case last year, they told us at the first auditions that we were going to finals, but it wasn't published on dci.org until really late, like June. Anyways yay SoCal!

• Like 1

We'll know a lot more after the DCI meetings next weekend, from what I understand.