Fusion Announces Business Manager!

Fusion is pleased to announce that Richard Warga has joined the Administration as Business Manager.

Richard Warga has been contributing to the drum and bugle corps community as a performer, instructor, judge and administrator for more than 50 years. His participation dates back to his days as a baritone horn player with the Bridgeport CT PAL Cadets junior corps from 1959 to 1968. He played baritone and soprano horn and marched as drum major of the New York Skyliners from 1969 to 1977 and again from 1984 to 1993. He played soprano horn when he performed with the Hawthorne Caballeros from 1994 to 2000.

Richard taught Marching and Maneuvering and served as caption head with a number of well-known junior corps from 1969 to 1977, including Kingston Indians, Westchester Horizons, Fairfield CT Colonades Drum Corps and color guard, Avant Garde of Saratoga County NY, St. Raphael’s Golden Buccaneers of Bridgeport, the Garfield Cadets, Milford CT Shoreliners and Waterbury CT PAL color guard. He served as M&M instructor with the Long Island Sunrisers in 1980.

Richard was the New York Skyliners drill designer and instructor from 1974 to 1977, and taught M&M from 1989 to 1993. He taught M&M with Hawthorne Caballeros from 2001 to 2003, and he judged M&M and color guard with the Metro All American Judges Association from 1969 to 1976 and has served as an advisor to a number of associations and circuits.

Richard was business manager for the Bayonne Raiders Junior Drum and Bugle Corps in 1998 and 1999. He served as Assistant Director with New York Skyliners in 1992 and 1993. He was Assistant Business Manager for Hawthorne Caballeros from 2003 to 2008 and was their treasurer from 2009 to 2011. In 2012, Richard served on the board of directors for the Connecticut Hurricanes. He is also the founder, charter member and first director of the Skyliners Alumni Drum Corps.

In 2009, Rich was inducted into both the New Jersey Drum Corps Hall of Fame and the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame.

Welcome Richie!

• Like 3

Fusion is pleased to announce that Richard Warga has joined the Administration as Business Manager.

Richard Warga has been contributing to the drum and bugle corps community as a performer, instructor, judge and administrator for more than 50 years. His participation dates back to his days as a baritone horn player with the Bridgeport CT PAL Cadets junior corps from 1959 to 1968. He played baritone and soprano horn and marched as drum major of the New York Skyliners from 1969 to 1977 and again from 1984 to 1993. He played soprano horn when he performed with the Hawthorne Caballeros from 1994 to 2000.

Richard taught Marching and Maneuvering and served as caption head with a number of well-known junior corps from 1969 to 1977, including Kingston Indians, Westchester Horizons, Fairfield CT Colonades Drum Corps and color guard, Avant Garde of Saratoga County NY, St. Raphael's Golden Buccaneers of Bridgeport, the Garfield Cadets, Milford CT Shoreliners and Waterbury CT PAL color guard. He served as M&M instructor with the Long Island Sunrisers in 1980.

Richard was the New York Skyliners drill designer and instructor from 1974 to 1977, and taught M&M from 1989 to 1993. He taught M&M with Hawthorne Caballeros from 2001 to 2003, and he judged M&M and color guard with the Metro All American Judges Association from 1969 to 1976 and has served as an advisor to a number of associations and circuits.

Richard was business manager for the Bayonne Raiders Junior Drum and Bugle Corps in 1998 and 1999. He served as Assistant Director with New York Skyliners in 1992 and 1993. He was Assistant Business Manager for Hawthorne Caballeros from 2003 to 2008 and was their treasurer from 2009 to 2011. In 2012, Richard served on the board of directors for the Connecticut Hurricanes. He is also the founder, charter member and first director of the Skyliners Alumni Drum Corps.

In 2009, Rich was inducted into both the New Jersey Drum Corps Hall of Fame and the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame.

Welcome Richie!

Fusion scores!!! Congratulations....The knowledge, experience and enthusiam Rich brings is a big addition to your organization :thumbup:/>

Richard taught Marching and Maneuvering and served as caption head with a number of well-known junior corps from 1969 to 1977, including Kingston Indians, Westchester Horizons, Fairfield CT Colonades Drum Corps and color guard, Avant Garde of Saratoga County NY, St. Raphael’s Golden Buccaneers of Bridgeport, the Garfield Cadets, Milford CT Shoreliners and Waterbury CT PAL color guard. He served as M&M instructor with the Long Island Sunrisers in 1980.

Welcome Richie!

Having known Rich since we were young teens ... and having marched with him in the Bpt. PAL and Skyliners, I can honestly say that Fusion has latched onto one of the best minds in drum corps and they are in good hands ... congrats to both ...

Andy

Yes, welcome Richard to Fusion, right here now in, well the calendars say 2013, a mere 45 years since we first met, or at least as I know it now. So I’ll ramble on as I do with some personal anecdotes – enjoy.

At a recent rehearsal, I was told that there was someone who wanted to say hello. I knew the name but not the person, and so Richie says, “we marched together”. No way, yes way …. Skyliners hornline of 1969. Richie played baritone alongside my great friend and car pool buddy, Joe Aiello and all the rest, and I was a kid on 2nd Soprano. The other guy in the car pool that summer was Pee Wee (who was of course Ralph’s Uncle as I would learn in 2003). So tragic that both of these amazing guys passed on way too soon.

Anyway, there is a certain sense of humor I experienced at the Skyliners. I survived some of the rough, near ridicule taunts all with love I am sure, you know like “You Dunce”! And many of you know who that character may have been. We loved it. What a different time compared with now when we are mostly so PC. Evolution, and it all makes sense.

So now here is Richie saying he was “at the diner”, a Howard Johnson’s (not exactly a diner) but close variation, … the scene of one of my famous Pepe stories with the crushing of my demo kit pots and pans. Richie was not clear if the HJ was on the Jersey side or Bronx side of the bridge – way too funny. And I cannot remember if I marched in 1970 as many of you know – only Lisko seems to know.

Sorry for personal ramblings, but for me there is exhilaration in drum corps to know just a glimpse of the history and the characters involved. So it is linked up for me a bit in this thread welcoming Richard, with Andy jumping in to testify. As I spoke with Richie this past Sunday, there was mention that Andy the Historian would know. Yikes, memories flood in …. “Don’t be a dunce you dunce”. Almost like a Howard Stern, “don’t be a moron you moron”. (Guess Who? is probably a good place for some of this) Just a story about growing up, or never growing up.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Best of luck Rich.....glad to see that you're still in the activity!!!