Odd but true

With apologies to Letterman

It immediately went all wrong right here, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

With apologies to Letterman and Leno, Kimmel and crew…

Many remember the 2008 Spartacus show by the Regiment when asst. DM* Koji Mori killed off Will Pitts on the podium. Funny coincidence is that Mori in Latin (so appropriate for Spartacus) means "to die" (mors, morte…like in mortician.) Always had great respect for Will Pitts who ended his DCI field career so loyal and flat on the ground bottoms up, knowing the crowd loved it; even more when he was dragged to the starting line for awards. (*ok, it's Phantom: "conductor.")

Is this life imitating art or art imitating life? Before the Gibopkins gauntlet was thrown to the DCI board, the one corps changed its show title from "Both Sides Now" (inclusive) to "Side by Side" (two separate identities, DCI and MIM) well , maybe that coincidence is an overthink.

The corps from Ft. Mill has gotten a notorious nickname (Carolina Cloud) from many recent marchers since its home show so often is spoiled by stormy weather. ("Rainbeat" instead of " Nightbeat" or "Firstbeat".) The nickname certainly follows them to performances in many places, like the several non-shows in La Crosse and Jersey.

And speaking of Ft. Mill, is it true that their super-secret winter camps and spring training is code named "Crown Moldings –Finishing Touches" ????

Could one say that to regain their finalist spot, the Blue Stars are resorting to Voodoo?

Enjoy your Super Bowl commercials.

To quote an old video game meme, "I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"

To quote an old video game meme, "I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Ahhh, those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?