Garfield Cadets 1984 high camera?

Does anyone have a high camera recording of this show? Specifically, the ending, since what’s on the DVD doesn’t really show the company front. Thanks!

Does anyone have a high camera recording of this show? Specifically, the ending, since what’s on the DVD doesn’t really show the company front. Thanks!

I USED to, but the vid quality was awful. 84Cadet might have it tho.

(Paging David Fowler!)

I will say, tho, that sudden as the 84 front was, George Z mastered the art of it coming out of nowhere with 90 Star.

• Like 1

I USED to, but the vid quality was awful. 84Cadet might have it tho.

(Paging David Fowler!)

I will say, tho, that sudden as the 84 front was, George Z mastered the art of it coming out of nowhere with 90 Star.

I have it on a VHS tape, still in very good condition. Have wanted to copy to DVD or convert to digital for years, but have been unable to get past the copy protection.

• 3 months later...

I have it in pretty good condition. Years ago, the Cadets sold a high camera VHS tape of 1982 - 1986. All are semi-final perfs (DCI never sold finals high camera for whatever reason back in those days). Contact me privately here. Maybe you have vids to swap?

I have it on a VHS tape, still in very good condition. Have wanted to copy to DVD or convert to digital for years, but have been unable to get past the copy protection.

There is a rather expensive little gadget I bought called GRex ( . xdimax. com/grex/grex.html ) which decodes all copyrights. I use it for my DVR to record shows to DVD which I cannot buy commercially. It's $90 and comes from Galilee, Israel. The one problem is that it will not record in HD, but those old DCI vids don't count anyway.

• 1 month later...

Any update on this?

I have a digital video file (high camera) of the full performance from either prelims or finals (not sure which, but there is Georgia Tech logo on the field :). Note: about 15 seconds missing from the beginning.

I have a digital video file (high camera) of the full performance from either prelims or finals (not sure which, but there is Georgia Tech logo on the field :). Note: about 15 seconds missing from the beginning.

OOoooooo.....

If it was digitized from the DCI vid (and it probably was), it'll be prelims.

• 2 weeks later...

OOoooooo.....

If it was digitized from the DCI vid (and it probably was), it'll be prelims.

Since both perfs were so similar, here's how to tell: after the company front in "Tonight" as the corps moves into the Z-pull, one of the baritones down front TRIPS over his own feet in the FINALS perf. He's the third guy in on the left (down front).

After Whitewater, he probably crapped a little during the finale. lookaround.gif

Edited by Tad_MMA
  • Like 2