Zombies and Newcomers

Okaaay so here's a roundup of the newcomers to DCI and Soundsport. Let's support our small busin-...er, Drum Corps! If anyone involved with these corps wants to talk about your corps, brag on it, whatever, feel free!

These guys have made it obvious that they want to be a part of DCI though some may be participating in soundsport for now:

N.E.W. Royal Knights (new-ish)

The Columbians (new-ish) *UPDATE* THEY HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY APPROVED TO BE CLASSIFIED AS AN ACTIVE CORPS FOR 2013

The Guardians (new)

Coastal Surge (new)

Southwind (revived)

Other Soundsport Participants:

MTSU Soundcheck

The Shadowed Regiment

Requiem Sound Sport

Sound Sport ATL

Eastern Kentucky SoundSport Initiative - *NOTE* This guy is only 14 and definitely needs help.

Edited by Barifonium

Okaaay so here's a roundup of the newcomers to DCI and Soundsport. Let's support our small busin-...er, Drum Corps! If anyone involved with these corps wants to talk about your corps, brag on it, whatever, feel free!

These guys have made it obvious that they want to be a part of DCI though some may be participating in soundsport for now:

N.E.W. Royal Knights (new-ish)

The Colombians (new-ish) *UPDATE* THEY HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY APPROVED TO BE CLASSIFIED AS AN ACTIVE CORPS FOR 2013

The Guardians (new)

Coastal Surge (new)

Southwind (revived)

Other Soundsport Participants:

MTSU Soundcheck

The Shadowed Regiment

Requiem Sound Sport

Sound Sport ATL

Eastern Kentucky SoundSport Initiative - *NOTE* This guy is only 14 and definitely needs help.

May I point out that the second corps you mention is from the region of the most-dammed river in North America, and not a certain South American country... ninja.gif

• Like 1

May I point out that the second corps you mention is from the region of the most-dammed river in North America, and not a certain South American country... ninja.gif

:laugh: I see what you did there. Fixed.

• Like 1

Coastal Surge has been approved as an exhibition corps and will be travelling some on the OC tour this year.

The Guardians are coming out as a Sound Sport unit. Their director will do some touring with another corps during the OC tour and leading into finals week to get a lot of insight on corps operation.

The Columbians are doing a Pacific Tour this year. Hopefully with plans to expand in the future!

Taking it slow is the key. I really like what's going down with these 3 groups.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I saw on Southwind's page that they intend to return next season (2014), initially as a DCI Soundsport participant. Anyone have any more details?

The Railmen are also looking to come back as a junior corps in 2014.

If I heard correctly, it was announced at the SoundSport demo on Finals day that Railmen were going to be a SoundSport group in 2014.