What would YOU do to march Drum Corps again?

I prefer the wisdom of Paul the Apostle: "When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put away the childish things." Marching and Performing within Drum Corps International, while a great and wonderful activity, is an activity for the young. Moreover, as an adult, why should I spend time wishing to relive my past youth experiences when instead I could plan on the plethora of wonderful future possibilities in which I have yet to experience?

Exactly

Oohhh to do it all again. At times while writing on here, or talking about "the good ol' days," I feel like the dads in the movie Varsity Blues who are standing there watching practice. Then one of them emphatically says, "$#!^ them boys is having the time of their lives!"

That's how I feel, it was definitely one of the best times of my life.

This blog made me smile. I never did laundry until I marched drum corps, and afterwards I realized it spoiled me: it really is fun doing laundry on tour, and lame/tedious in the real world :tongue:/>

It's not so much doing the laundry that is tedious in real life, but the folding of the clothes after they are clean! :tongue:

• Like 1

George Bernard Shaw once said that youth was wasted on the young.

So he played the old man on the porch when Jimmy Stewart was about to kiss Donna Reed after they threw rocks at the old house in " It's a Wonderful Life" ?

:shutup: