Blue Knights Avain Chant

I've been wondering what do they chant at :35-1:04 at the beginning of their 2012 show. does anyone know what is sung? or even if it is a real language at all? Because it sounds interesting and I want to know if their is actually any significance behind it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure, but perhaps if you watch

clip enough times, it'll start to make a little more sense.

As someone else posted before we as a corps always thought it was "Horn Line... Someone stole our flags whores"

Haha I'm afraid to go back and listen to the recording now because if I hear it, I'll never be able to unhear it.

They were saying... Get the flock outta here, flockers!:)

This doesn't help your particular question, but in Allentown, I sat down with Marc Sylvester to get some notes for my Indianapolis blog. Here are the notes, unedited.

<Blue Knights

Marc Sylvester, show designer

BTW the name of their new home world is "Avian"

And the name of the people is the aVis!

And the name of the original home world was Qul-en-Ahr

Whole story show is scripted around is corps is on a planet, world is about to be destroyed; bird people are flocking to nest in pre-show. When show begins, ritual dance is their last gathering, and then drums show up and are the meteor that is

about to destroy the planet. Birds flock up into the back corner to collect their belongings.

First movement of Infernale Danse, everyone is getting inside the space ship, which is the circle. The countdown sequence, get feeling of spaceship takes off. Bounces off ground of new planet and lands…bounces on ground. Door opens, can see priestess open door, then guard flies off ship to new planet. Exploring and moving around. First flag of show is a detail of Saturn, see rings. Second flag dreamy, abstract jungle, going to new place. Rest of the show in new world. “Berceuse” ballad, sense of longing. The one thing they don’t have is a spiritual connection to the new planet. Blues and greens of early part show changes to colors of the new planet. Changing of color is connecting with the new planet. Jetson’s doorbell, bought sample. Bird in closing form is based on Pontiac Firebird symbol.>

• Like 1