Exciting news from the Boston Crusaders

This is awesome and exciting news for this organization! :smile:/>

I agree...and would like to add the following: Not only has Tom been "the voice of reason" among his DCI peers of the last 6 years (garnering the "Director of the Year" award in 2011), we should not forget the crucial year of 2008, his first as Corps Director. After a management change, BAC was looking at less than two dozen vets returning and many in our activity were predicting (yet again) the certain demise of the Boston Crusaders.

Not only did that NOT occur, Tom and an amazing staff were able to put together a very audience friendly show ("Neocosmos"), and help the corps muscle its way into 10th at finals, with what was essentially a high school-aged membership.

Only one year later, the corps vaulted over the Blue Stars and Phantom Regiment into 7th with an even more popular show ("The Core of Temptation"). As we know, the corps has been consistent in its strength ever since, and whatever its placement this summer, Tom's impact will be huge.

The corps and for that matter the entire drum corps community owe this man a debt of gratitude, imo.

Thanks Tom! :thumbup:/>/>

"We will never die!..."

• Like 2

Posts by normy diploome and craiga summed it up perfectly!!

All I wish to add is Thank You and all the best to Tom and his family!! And congratulations and good luck to Thompson!! You have a tough act to follow, Thompson. But I have no doubt you will RISE up to the occassion and do a great job!!

• Like 2

They don't come any better than Tom Spataro. I hate to see him go but understand that he needs to focus on his young family. Tom will be successful in whatever he chooses to do. He is a true blue CRUSADER and one of the best.

• Like 1