NEW DCA Class A Corps Forming in the Tenn./Ken. Area

Interesting - because on May 11, 2013 the "Hot Off The Press" news on your Horizon Drum Corps website says:

"We are forming a new DCI Open Class Drum Corps in the Northwest Tennessee/Southwest Kentucky area. Although not currently accepting members, we are looking for donors to help donate enough to purchase uniforms and equipment. If you can.help, PLEASE donate whatever amoint you like."

So which is it?

As Rex often says - Caveat Emptor.

Good call.

The next questions you should ask yourself is, "How many 19 year old Corps Directors are out there"?

How many people in the activity know who this person is?

What experience do you have with Drum Corps, Management, Fundraising, Transportation, Food, etc?

What / who are your references?

Would I let my kids be overseen & "Directed" by a 19 year old?

Who is your staff and B.O.D.?

Why are you posting 2 different websites and neither work or provide the basic information?

The list of questions go on & on. Just don't expect answers.

• Like 1

Good call.

The next questions you should ask yourself is, "How many 19 year old Corps Directors are out there"?

How many people in the activity know who this person is?

What experience do you have with Drum Corps, Management, Fundraising, Transportation, Food, etc?

What / who are your references?

Would I let my kids be overseen & "Directed" by a 19 year old?

Who is your staff and B.O.D.?

Why are you posting 2 different websites and neither work or provide the basic information?

The list of questions go on & on. Just don't expect answers.

Im working on a Board now....and NO, I WONT be the director, Im just getting my idea off the ground. And that website is outdated, because we're building a new one. So all Im doing is starting the project, then backing away and just being a member. And I need to clarify: We will not officially declare an affiliatiin until after we see what we have to work with.

Good call.

Yeah!!! One should be at least around 20; as Don Warren was when he started the Cavaliers.

• Like 4

Im working on a Board now....and NO, I WONT be the director, Im just getting my idea off the ground. And that website is outdated, because we're building a new one. So all Im doing is starting the project, then backing away and just being a member. And I need to clarify: We will not officially declare an affiliatiin until after we see what we have to work with.

My bad - the update to the article declaring that you were starting a DCI Open Class corps is OVER 3 weeks old. Things change - I get it.

Word of the Day: "credibility"

• Like 1

Interesting - because on May 11, 2013 the "Hot Off The Press" news on your Horizon Drum Corps website says:

"We are forming a new DCI Open Class Drum Corps in the Northwest Tennessee/Southwest Kentucky area. Although not currently accepting members, we are looking for donors to help donate enough to purchase uniforms and equipment. If you can.help, PLEASE donate whatever amoint you like."

So which is it?

As Rex often says - Caveat Emptor.

Going by that link, it will be pretty hard to find people who want to join a drum corps who speak latin.