Toddler at the Crest

Yesterday I took my 2.5 year old boy to Corps at the Crest in Walnut, CA. Below are his comments on each performance.

All Age Class

1 SoCal Dream 60.400

"This is a quiet one."

Open Class

2 Impulse 61.850

"This is a loud one!"

3 City Sound 53.350

"The white one is dancy!"

1 Gold 68.500

"Big drums go like this!"

World Class

4 Mandarins 67.850

"The bridge ones have cool 'brellas!"

3 Pacific Crest 70.300

"They're your favorite, not my favorite, Daddy."

1 Carolina Crown 81.200

"Wow! They're pretty loud!"

2 Blue Devils 80.900

"I like the rocket ship one. The blue ones are my favorite!"

However the review of the night goes to our neighbor, who leans over to me during the Carolina Crown show and says, "Please, tell me more about this not needing words to express things."

• Like 4

Thanks for the review! In your opinion is Pacific Crest in the running for a top 12 spot, maybe top 15? There scores are looking great, but I can never figure how those might translate to the midwest and east coast scores.

It's difficult to say where PC will place having only seen this show. It's certainly a contender, but whether there are 11 better shows this year only time will tell.

Like all toddlers, he thinks he's a drummer. I hope he outgrows that phase, for our neighbors' sake.

It's difficult to say where PC will place having only seen this show. It's certainly a contender, but whether there are 11 better shows this year only time will tell.

Like all toddlers, he thinks he's a drummer. I hope he outgrows that phase, for our neighbors' sake.

Even if he eventually plays brass or percussion or chooses guard ... trust me ... he will drum on anything that doesn't move. I speak from many years of experience ... his children will do the same ... and on ... and on ...

Enjoy!

Edited by matye

Even if he eventually plays brass or percussion or chooses guard ... trust me ... he will drum on anything that doesn't move.

..and some stuff that DOES move!

...said the guy who started drum lessons 50+ years ago! :tongue:/>

I speak from many years of experience ... his children will do the same ... and on ... and on ...

Enjoy!

Yup...I was a second generation drummer myself, and my daughter is a third gen drummer!

:smile:/>