Cadets 2013 - A Requiem for DCI...

Edited by brassEXPERT

Interesting, been reading about this G7 stuff, which I really haven't followed, but after catching up I have a few thoughts.

First, I don't think they can split off, too big a risk and not enough reward...if it floundered then what, come crawling back? But let's say they did...now the top corps are BK, Spirit, etc, they all move up...which for them still being associated with the power of DCI could really help them, MOTM wouldn't have the name recognition, etc, and it would miff off a lot of people at their perceived act of arrogance, support would dwindle slowly after a few years, their talent level MM would come back to DCI, and when the 7 came back they are now middle tier level battling a perception problem as being those guys that tried to ruin DCI and they would have a hard time recovering. Now we have a different set of corps medaling and the 7 are not quiet the same.

All speculation on my part, but I wouldn't mind seeing some shake up like this happen...when the woods are overgrown you sometimes need to burn it, perhaps this would be the shake up needed....?

blink.gif "When the woods are overgrown you sometimes need to burn it" Thank goodness you don't work in the EPA... With minds like that we won't have any trees left w00t.gif

blink.gif "When the woods are overgrown you sometimes need to burn it" Thank goodness you don't work in the EPA... With minds like that we won't have any trees left w00t.gif

This is actually correct. Fires happen periodically to clear out the thick underbrush, and the trees survive. The reason wildfires happen today is the underbrush is overgrown because of a lack of healthy burning that occurs naturally.

This is actually correct. Fires happen periodically to clear out the thick underbrush, and the trees survive. The reason wildfires happen today is the underbrush is overgrown because of a lack of healthy burning that occurs naturally.

Thanks for that info! I learn something everyday on here! In my defense, he did say "woods" :P

1375108441[/url]' post='3297051']

Thanks for that info! I learn something everyday on here! In my defense, he did say "woods" :P

Didn't mean to confuse, the forestry service will when needed do control burns to reset the landscape. That was my point....sometimes a shake up is needed to restore balance.

The National Park Service does quite a bit of controlled burning these days in national parks and forests to keep the forests healthy. I think there was a huge fire in Yellowstone the 90s that was incredibly destructive and extensive, but then in a year, the ground was covered in new growth, and today the forest is well on its way back in those areas. There was another extensive fire about 10 years ago with similar results. At some point in the years since, they've developed a program of controlled burns to minimize the risk of more such fires.

There are some trees, Ponderosa pine in particular, whose cones require an unnaturally high temperature (130 degrees or something) before they will germinate and release their seeds. So for the Ponderosa in nature, fire was the only way for it to reproduce.

In other words, Nature is coool. :thumbup:

Edited by skywhopper

Sorry to come late to this thread. My theory about this show is not that it somehow portrays or relates to current DCI events or politics. I think that at some level this show is about Star of Indiana leaving the activity. (Maybe this was said before in some other recent thread?) Honestly that is something worth a requiem, don't you agree?

My brother pointed out to me the way this show ends. He said "At the end the corp walks off to the corner of the field , the towers cut the field in half and the guard is left if the other side. "

Just my own interpretation - I have no insider info -