Jim Jones is Smiling

This weekend in Allentown, Troopers continued their historic tribute to the tradition that have made them America's Corps.

Audience members across the country have enjoyed show after show finding all the layers that are nods to past Troopers. Some are small, such as the rifle exchange at the beginning of the show, and some are large, like the iconic sunburst at the end of the show.

At Allentown the long blue line unveiled another piece of history as the star performer carrying the flag up the 50 yard line in Battle Hymn takes the field, Having worn the traditional black color guard uniform that gave the girls their image in the 70's, the featured performer debuted a new outfit this weekend. This outfit is the white guard uniform that was not only a large part of the image of the guard, but also is reminiscent of the very outfit that the daughter of corps founder and DCI Hall of Fame member Jim Jones wore when she was a marching member.

This is sure to produce an emotional moment for not just fans of the Troopers but for all drum corps fans who see the show. Be sure to see this part of drum corps history.

image.jpg

• Like 6

AWESOME

Troopers are truly Americas Corps this year. Love, Love, Love this show :thumbup:/>

Without FN this year I'm REALLY out of the loop: can you please explain what you mean? How are Troopers more embodying 'America's Corps' this year more than other seasons recently (or are they)? Troopers are one corps that has stuck to & embraced their mantra, so to speak, always: I'd put SCV into that very small company of "corps you can watch videos of over the decades that while uniforms and design styles might change the corps just 'feels' the same for ever." That's kind of hard to put into words I guess

Regardless, thanks to the OP for posting the pic & story: ALWAYS love to hear about that kind of thing!! :thumbup:

And while I'm not a fan of Troopers' show designs very often, I love what they bring to the activity and I will always cheer them on

Troopers would be more awesome with some narration and dubstep! :tongue: :tongue: JUST KIDDING DON'T NEG ME!

• Like 3