Best low brass

In your opinion, which world class corps has the best low brass section this year?

Always Phantom

Phantom uses a fair amount of synth though

• Like 2

From my own observations seeing everyone live, I'd have to give it to The Cadets. Their hornline as a whole was extremely solid, but their low brass was fantastic. A dark, rich sound while still maintaining plenty of clarity, which adds a huge amount of depth to the overall sound of the hornline IMO.

Not this year. Not by a long shot.

Everyone is allowed an "off" year :tongue:

But typically I've always LOVED them. Back in my marching days, I had planned on trying out there as a Tuba player for my Ageout year... sucks too, my age out would have been 2008 :cry:

Having unplanned Children can put your Drum Corps years to a screeching halt :music:

Everyone is allowed an "off" year tongue.gif

But typically I've always LOVED them. Back in my marching days, I had planned on trying out there as a Tuba player for my Ageout year... sucks too, my age out would have been 2008 cry.gif

Having unplanned Children can put your Drum Corps years to a screeching halt music.gif

A less than ideal Phantom tuba line, or hornline in general, never strikes me as an "off" year, as my 2 cents.

As for groups with lines way better than their placement, I must go for the Troopers. I wish they were challenged more by their show so I'd know better how they'd stack up against higher caliber lines, but they had some of the best movement, volume, and most importantly, tone quality of any group I've been able to see this year. The only issue is that maybe the rest of the line isn't quite loud enough for them.

They don't get my vote for best in World Class, that would go to Cadets right now, and possibly Crown if the line impresses me when I finally get to see them, maybe even BD too, with SCV a very close second to them, but in terms of how the line is compared to the rest of the group around them, I think the Troopers have themselves something golden.

Of course, here I am just realizing we asked about low brass and not just tubas :doh:/>

Edited by DrumcorpsmademeaTuba

Everyone is allowed an "off" year :tongue:/>

But typically I've always LOVED them. Back in my marching days, I had planned on trying out there as a Tuba player for my Ageout year... sucks too, my age out would have been 2008 :cry:/>

Having unplanned Children can put your Drum Corps years to a screeching halt :music:/>

Ouch I'm sure that probably sucked at the time. Maybe your kids will be able to march phantom one day