new drum corp from pittsburgh?

I was on the DCI Facebook page and they announced that there would be a new corp by the name of Mon Valley Express from Pittsburgh. Anyone know anything about them??

Were they any good? I think they'll be competing in open class now

• Like 1

Edit: from what someone affiliated with the corps posted elsewhere in DCP, it looks like they are becoming a SoundSport participant next Summer.

Edited by hostrauser

MVE's last run at DCA may have been a reason why they started the 35 member rule, but that's for another discussion.

I wish them the best.

• Like 1

MVE's last run at DCA may have been a reason why they started the 35 member rule, but that's for another discussion.

I wish them the best.

I'm sorry but I know nothing about DCA and 35 members sounds like they weren't too good of a corp. could you explain this more?

I'm sorry but I know nothing about DCA and 35 members sounds like they weren't too good of a corp. could you explain this more?

Unlike DCI, DCA has a minimum number of participants required to compete in the circuit, be it Class A or Open Class. It was established at the request of show sponsors that were tired of paying appearance fees to very small corps, some of which barely fit the definition of "competing corps". DCI has no such minimum number rule.

IMO it's a very good rule for DCA.

• Like 1