Jacksonville Review..pretty long

Bones = the ghost of Crossmen past.

I like to call him CrossMan. Y'know, like they're all the Crossmen, and he's their superhero progenitor.

What? I get bored during onfield warmups, alright?

who or what is bones?

betsy

At later season shows, DCI East, and during championships week, someone (who is always anonymous) dresses in the old Crossmen uniform of the 1970s, with a "skull" mask on, and watches over the corps from the back stands. The idea behind "Bones" is that you can't get Crossmen out of you, it's in your bones, and if everything else is taken away, the bones are what is left. "Bones" therefore represents the Crossmen of the past watching over the corps.

He really hypes up the members, and the alumni and fans in the stands, and has become, over the years, one of the great traditions in Drum Corps, ranking with "Splooie," Cadets singing "For Holy Name Shall Always Be," and other show night rituals.

(If I've gotten any of the details wrong, someone let me know. It's been a while.)

Edited by mfrontz

Very enjoyable review, Soajoe! I came to check it out after my broadband service finally decided to come back on (after it kicked me out of our chatroom session). I may yet return to chat this evening before beddy-bye time - all depends on when the Missus decides she wants to hit the hay (PC in our BR - boo-hoo!)

See all you DCP'ers in Indy tomorrow!!

B)