Old School park and blow

I also enjoyed the video, and Madison, you'd better call they police. Someone stole your sound and arrangements.

While I will say it had a late 80's sound, I'm not sure I'd call it "Old School." For one thing, I would not consider a group with a pit old school. As far as drill is concerned, was it by choice they used some old school moves or necessity? My guess is there had to be over 300 people on the field. Would an asymmetrical drill work with so many people on the field? . This is probably why the drum line marched as one poster put it "elevator style."

As I stated earlier, I thought sound wise they were most like Madison. I remember back in the day they could certainly blow their horns like there was no tomorrow. I don't think my ears have recovered from their 1999 performance at Lynn's Manning Bowl ("Jesus Christ, Superstar"). I would also venture to say that this past year's performance was their best since 1999, but I digress and don't want to hijack this thread, but I don't remember them parked as they blew their horns in some fo their greatest shows.

However, what did impress me was the audience response. Now that was old school and if you were at Indy this year and saw the crowd respond to Troopers, Madison, SCV, and Crown, you'd see some things never change. But they connected with the show and that made a huge difference.

Yes, the drill was by design as a throw back to old Southerners shows...as a reference, this is generally the type of shows they do.. http://youtu.be/Z8coQCKeo2w I chose this year simply because I love the closer (Shaker Melody) it was the 2nd time that they've ever played it, and the first time they played it I had something to do with that :)

I believe they are marching 425 this year (2013), imho, that's too big.

Edited by JKT90
  • Like 1

I want this music on a drum corps field in 2014! Loved it! Show designers: are you listening! Fun, enjoyable, loud, heart-pumping music!

ps - Scores? DCI judges? Placement? You think the fans that were moved by the music of this show thought about any of those things? What it should boil down to is ENTERTAINMENT!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2