2014 Theater Event

Is there a 2014 Theater Event in June this year? I can't seem to locate it on the DCI schedule...Thanks

From what I see, the June 21st show in Akron will be taped -- then shown in theaters nationwide on the 23rd.

From DCI's announcement of the 2014 schedule back in November:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For those drum corps fans who can’t make it out to the Midwest to experience the first events of the 2014 Drum Corps International Tour live and in-person, an evening of early-season performances will once again be brought to movie theaters nationwide on Monday, June 23.

Featuring the Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Carolina Crown, Cadets, Cavaliers, Madison Scouts and Phantom Regiment, the “2014 DCI Tour Premiere” will be taped on Saturday, June 21 in Akron, Ohio and broadcast in cinemas across the country just two days later.

“As the popularity of our movie theater events continues to grow with both the ‘DCI Tour Premiere’ in June and our ‘Big, Loud & Live’ broadcast of the World Championships in August, we’re excited to continue to provide fans across the country with this opportunity to gather together and immerse themselves in the drum corps experience,” Acheson said.

Thanks for the back-up, N.E.

thank you

How many of you would go to the theater event even if you saw the actual show live?

Last year I attended Akron in person and skipped the subsequent cinema showing thereof. The previous year, like this year, I wasn't / won't be able to get to Akron, so I'll go to the cinema two days later instead. My preference is always for a live show (unless that live show is in Lucas Oil and I don't have seats in one of the few acoustically decent sections), and the only reason I would attend both the live show and the cinema show would be to see how DCI was packaging and presenting the event.

Edited by N.E. Brigand