Crossmen 2015 staff announcement

I straight up love Aaron Guidry, but there are a ton of fans (me included) that do not include Planet X in "doing okay with classical."

Regardless, they'll be fine, and they've got a very good staff in place. (No matter what position they step off from. Cripes.)

Mike

2008, though, is one of their most successful competitive seasons recently: their third highest finish in the last ten seasons, IIRC. While all shows are hit/miss, and while I honestly believe ALL designers set out to produce a show that is both judge-popular and fan-popular, competitive success drives the activity and in that regard Planet X did just fine with classical rep.

I straight up love Aaron Guidry, but there are a ton of fans (me included) that do not include Planet X in "doing okay with classical."

Regardless, they'll be fine, and they've got a very good staff in place. (No matter what position they step off from. Cripes.)

Mike

That was the only show of their's since moving to Texas I've actually enjoyed. Looking forward to something fresh from them in the future.

Hey... I liked PlanetX too. Wasn't a terrible show. Interesting take on The Planets, and a nice ballad in there not from The Planets. And competitive from all aspects of design (guard was great!). Musically some of the best parts of the show were all rewritten or tweaked by a different arranger or the brass staff. But yes I would say that show was pretty successful playing classical music... even though the entire show felt nothing like a classical music show, since there wasn't much true to the original. Yeah it used melodies and themes... but it was an out there interpretation on popular classical music.

Anyway, like I think I said.. I'll keep my mind open. As long as it's written well and performed well and I am entertained, I'm all in.