The Gene Bennett Jr. Memorial Gathering

There will be a Memorial Gathering to celebrate the life of Gene Bennett Jr. The man was a teacher, an adjudicator, a mentor, a husand and a father. He touched so many lives that everyone who knew him just want a final farewell. So here's your chance:

It will be held .April 4th at the Upsky Hotel..110 Motor Pkwy, Hauppage, L.I. NY the time will be from 6pm until 10pm...All friends and Family are welcome to attend.

There will be food and beverages available so come and join the Bennett family in paying tribute to Gene's life and legacy. Mrs. Bennett offers sincere apologies to those unable to attend but it is her wish that everyone will be there in heart and spirit. Please RSVP to Nat Mazyck:via Facebook or via email: natfatbari@yahoo.com

There will also be a Scholarship Fund presented in Gene's name. As I stated for those who wish to donate an amount of your choice to the Gene Bennett Jr. Scholarship Fund may do so at your convenience. The proceeds will be given to a Sachem High School Band Member chosen by Mike Carroll, Band Coordinator and his staff. Gene was very proud of his association with the staff and students of Sachem and often spoke highly of his relationship with them for many years. Please donate to this worthy cause and show your love and respect for this man. Thank you,

Make checks payable to:

The Gene Bennett Jr. Scholarship Fund
2 Keystone Court

Centereach, N.Y. 11720.

Edited by uponatime

So glad to hear this.

Gene had a great knack of beginning programs, setting standards, and winning fans to the activity by his character and integrity as much as by his drill excellence.

I had the privilege of working with him on L.I. and also enjoying his many programs and dedication to his family who often he brought on tour with him.

Heaven has received another blessing amongst its saints.

• Like 1

Very much looking forward to this event!!!! A time to celebrate the life of a great man who had such a positive impact on so many of us.

• Like 2

Very much looking forward to this event!!!! A time to celebrate the life of a great man who had such a positive impact on so many of us.

Amen. Gotta figure out how to respond the Nat as a non-FB person. Prob have his email address somewhere.

Sure to see you there, Easter not withstanding.

And you're right - Gene was one of those cornerstone guys we spoke about recently. Some people you can build a section on - some you can build a corps on - some like Mickey, Gil, Red Corso, Lefty, Bob Glovna you could build a circuit on.

Folks like Gene you build on activity on. One of those guys.

• Like 1

I got you Ray....will be great to see you!

Email is still: natfatbari@yahoo.com (one of them)

Dang - I'm sorry Nat!!! I didn't read the signature!

I'm sorry we're all getting together for this reason, but of all the folks you and I have worked with over the years, I can think of no one more deserving of honor and celebration.

I emailed you the other night, but either way I'll be in Hauppaugue on 4/4.

Only time I ever get to the Island any more.

No problem my man.....will be a great event. The celebrity list will be plentiful (especially with you in attendance). This was an easy one

to plan. Every person who knew him has had their lives touched in one way or another. See you then. Safe journey.