Troopers 2015 vs Crown 2007

To the "neigh"-sayers and comparison makers to 07 Crown....Get over it. The 11th Calvary lends themselves to wild horses....Historically speaking. Troops show displays depth, charisma, power, and the corps will continue to burgeon into a finalist contender. Troop is a corps that "is ###### if they do" stay stagnant to their Americana story, and "###### if they dont" break out of the American west. Kudos to the Troop....I love the show. Horses are horses...Fences are fences. There are more stark differences than similarities.....You know...Like the members of the corps. Last I checked, the members of 2007 Crown weren't working their ### off marching and playing the show daily. This corps embraces and and yearns to display their creative passion every time they enter the field of competition. If you find young people working hard and expressing excitement and passion because their performance is infringing on your past drum corps experience, most stadiums offer a concession and most corps a souvenir booth. I am sure either/both will appreciate your patronage. #GoTroop, #NeighSayersAreHaters, #KeepThrowingDown

you sound like you are posting from the perspective of a current troopers marching member (or perhaps 2014 alumni)-- just so you know what that sounds like? and calling a critic a hater says more about your own feelings than anything else

nobody has said anything negative about the performers or the work ethic or even the quality of the 2015 product. I am specifically and ONLY referring to the design staff's choices-- nobody is hating on the members or actually, ANY of those things you just spent your time defending...

Nero14 stated..........

1) troopers: 16 tubas- my first thoughts were "wow this looks exactly like crown 07... " and then the opening choreography and opening music and guard uniforms were exactly like crown 07. I actually loved the show and thought they played with passion and lots of GE (maybe not technical prowess) but could not shake the many uncanny similarities between this show and crown 07. How does this happen? Seriously? It's kinda insulting to long time fans. I mean I loved it, it was pretty moving and powerful and stuff but the lose major creativity points to me
They had a big full corps with a really edgy raw sound-- very reminiscent of Madison scouts sound. The crowd loved it and it got a big response and standing ovation - overall (like crown 07) it's a very accessible and exciting concept, well performed-- very spirit of Disney. Biggest knock is the drill was too easy and dirty ?

Who approved this show design given what crown did? Even had the guard racing across the front at the end, etc. crazy

Great insight NERO14....Especially your underlined highlights of the show.

Based on your review of their performance earlier in the week, you were obviously unaware of the corps capability to excite the crowd and play like a "big boy corps"...That is your continuance to reference Crown 07 numerous times above-I believe the corps from Carolina placed fairly well in 2007. Very flattering to the show Troop provided for the audience. I wasn't aware that the staff of a drum and bugle corps was capable of a standing ovation; nor was the staff capable of a raw edgy sound. I am pretty sure those aspects of the performance were based on the members ability to sell the show to you. So in your reference to and I quote, "nobody has said anything negative about the performers or the work ethic or even the quality of the 2015 product", you did. Troopers are on the move. This show is on the rise.

And in regard to the hating....Yeah you did that in calling out plagiarism from your post.

This is being asked merely as a question...and NOT a direct accusation, nero.

Are you suggesting artistic plagiarism here?

actually I am-- i had to think about it for a day. there's no copyright to infringe on--- but it's too much.

And finally...I am not a current Trooper...nor alum. I am a fan of Drum Corps and have been since my first show in Whitewater in 1980....Warhawk Stadium to be exact. FYI...Whitewater is in Wisconsin. I am flattered by the notion that you thought I was a current member or recent age out. Try a 40-something who has seen various sides of the activity. So when you mention this show is "insulting to life-long fans" that is offensive to me.

I find this show a breath of fresh air for a historic corps who has preserved through hardship and continued to put a dynamic show on the field.

And in regard to the hating....Yeah you did that in calling out plagiarism from your post.

This is being asked merely as a question...and NOT a direct accusation, nero.

Are you suggesting artistic plagiarism here?

actually I am-- i had to think about it for a day. there's no copyright to infringe on--- but it's too much.

jaboo -- please do not hold nero solely responsible for the whole "plagiarism" issue. His response was in reference to the question which I asked him. I give him a heck of a lot of credit and respect for not instantly responding back, but instead taking a full day to think upon it before he responded. If anyone is to be blamed for the issue arising in the first place, that person would be me. I, too, share your support and love of everything "Troopers"...and given nero's initial words in his show report, I found him to be generally supportive of the Corps as well.

• Like 1

jaboo -- please do not hold nero solely responsible for the whole "plagiarism" issue. His response was in reference to the question which I asked him. I give him a heck of a lot of credit and respect for not instantly responding back, but instead taking a full day to think upon it before he responded. If anyone is to be blamed for the issue arising in the first place, that person would be me. I, too, share your support and love of everything "Troopers"...and given nero's initial words in his show report, I found him to be generally supportive of the Corps as well.

HornTeacher....I appreciate your words and believe nero somewhat supports the Troopers program. In regards to the word plagarism, I am an English teacher. As an English teacher, I dont throw around the word plagiarism and the accusation of lightly.

Edited by jaboo
  • Like 1

HornTeacher....I appreciate your words and believe nero somewhat supports the Troopers program. In regards to the word plagarism, I am an English teacher. As an English teacher, I dont throw around the word plagiarism and the accusation of lightly.

And neither should have I.

O.K. --- Kum-bah-ya moment is now closed. Hostilities may re-commence at the drop of the hankie.... :silly:

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

For the record, I have loved Crown's 2007 show since I first saw it live, and then on audio and video, with GREAT frequency. I've been involved in drum corps for 32 years. And yes, while I am a Trooper alum and some will argue that it colors my perspective, this show has its own legs.

Horn Teacher, I just can't rein in the puns. I better hoof it out of here. :tounge2:

Horn Teacher, I just can't rein in the puns. I better hoof it out of here. :tounge2:

Sorry, Terri. I won't nag you any further. :silly:

• Like 1