Rent-A-Show (Renton, WA 7/3)

Did BK perform a complete show...with closer?

Video looked like there was still a standstill, but it's much less than it was the last few shows... That what you will from that.

Edited by iSteve51
  • Like 1

I just got back to my hotel from the show. I didn't stay for scores.

Columbians have a very entertaining and moving show "1942" and they are getting a really big sound. Some nice dance features and theatrics. Wow! Nice mix of Chopin, Fauret, Beethoven and then a raucous "Sing Sing Sing". They have grown quickly.

Cascades are an absolute surprise this year. Really fun, entertaining show. Brass is super well-balanced. All captions are selling this show with some swagger that is really nice to see from this corps. The drill is very doable and the dance break really works and will ignite crowds. At first I didn't like the big globe but now I like it. The stars in the back add to the "galactic" theme.

Oregon Crusaders: The guard needs their uniforms!!! I have no idea what the hold up is but it is hurting the visual package. Guard also needs to fill out with the last remaining choreography - then clean clean clean. I am loving the drill more and more. It looks fast and difficult at times. The GE will be much stronger when the outfits arrive, or are finished or whatever the holdup is. The brassline is doing the wall of sound thing quite well but I really want to hear more power from those trumpets. The final brass statement is face-melting but gets lost to the clapping for the bass feature right before. OC's show is very sophisticated. Let's hope they can get all the pieces in place.

Blue Knights: This was my first viewing of the show. Absolutely stunning visually. No doubt about it. I caught a few knods to "Tilt". Drill is interesting, creative and the execution is already quite good. The brass sounds gorgeous and even other-worldly at times...there is a monstrous trumpet solo in there, and some other great solos too - can't remember if mello or what. But I don't like all the pre-recorded stuff. Way too much IMO. At one point the hornline is playing harmony to a recorded vocal. Sorry, not my thing. But overall the show is a stunner. When the guard emerges from the half-moon props it is a very 'surprise and delight' moment. This show will score.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 3