Spirit of Atlanta 1979

I know 'Nutville' is based off of the Greg Hopkins arrangement for big band, but I'm wondering what version 'Sweet Georgia Brown' is based off of. Any help would be appreciated.

Man, I wish a world class corps would bring Nutville back. I think the last time it was used was in 2003 by Spirit.

I know 'Nutville' is based off of the Greg Hopkins arrangement for big band, but I'm wondering what version 'Sweet Georgia Brown' is based off of. Any help would be appreciated.

Man, I wish a world class corps would bring Nutville back. I think the last time it was used was in 2003 by Spirit.

I don"t know, but having marched against them, I will say Jim Ott was the best arranger of the era.

Thanks for that, just spent 15 minutes of my work day watching old SoA videos from 1979.....was glad to be able to witness this live in Birmingham. Nutville is one of my all time favorite arrangements played by any corps. I'm also surprised it hasn't been played more often.

In my search for 1979 SoA videos I found one showing Tom Float working with the drumline. Man those guys sure wore their drums and their shorts really high back in them days......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfTkNA6C9Ns.

Thanks for that, just spent 15 minutes of my work day watching old SoA videos from 1979.....was glad to be able to witness this live in Birmingham. Nutville is one of my all time favorite arrangements played by any corps. I'm also surprised it hasn't been played more often.

In my search for 1979 SoA videos I found one showing Tom Float working with the drumline. Man those guys sure wore their drums and their shorts really high back in them days......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfTkNA6C9Ns.

I hope you didn't blow by 27th in your '79 viewing! ;-)

And Tom Float was definately the man back then!

• Like 1

And Tom Float was definately the man back then!

That he was