New DCI Online store open, no legacy DVDs

For anyone looking, DCI store now has BACK the Legacy years and some of the 2000 - to 2009 vids and cds...some are still missing, but it looks like they have everything available from when they closed the old online store and opened the new one.  Nice to see...I was able to purchase the 2008 13-25 corps DVD to replace the one that I had (it had a scratch on it that prevented it from playing).

Get all those years while you can :)

• Like 2

On 3/16/2017 at 11:25 PM, sagemode67 said:

Something must have changed in the copyright laws in recent years. We didn't have this problem before. 

Nothing has recently changed in the law.

What has changed is that DCI is following it to the letter. Or, for the better, for the activity.

17 hours ago, JeffBanyots said:

Nothing has recently changed in the law.

What has changed is that DCI is following it to the letter. Or, for the better, for the activity.

Yes I realized this. My corps director was saying that he didn't get why this was happening we never had this problem before.  

5 hours ago, sagemode67 said:

Yes I realized this. My corps director was saying that he didn't get why this was happening we never had this problem before.  

If your corps director said that, you should be truly terrified. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

If your corps director said that, you should be truly terrified. 

Where I am going to school we got a whole week in copyrights, arranging, sync and video rights, etc.   If you just do it and are smart about the music you chose it's really not that hard or expensive to follow the rules to a T.   Guess some people just chose not to.  

Edited by DrumManTx

19 hours ago, sagemode67 said:

I get that it sucks. For all of the old stuff we want to see, there are issues. You would think that audio recordings would at least be safe, but alas, you can't get even get a compulsory mechanical license if the arrangements used were unlicensed. DCI, and others, seem to have hinted that there may be a retroactive deal on the horizon that will allow audio and maybe even video to be distributed again. Let's hope so.

To quote Everett McGill in Oh Brother Where Art Thou, "We're in a bit of a tight spot!"