Screamin' Solos

Lynkin

you're right. sorry scott! it has been a few years. ;)^

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roland Garceau replaced Scott with BD in 94. He marched l'Insolite and Duth Boy before joining the Blue Devils. He's now the soloist with the Brigadiers, along with Alex Drouin, a guy who marched Les Étoiles.

These guys are SOOOO LOUD !!!

My understanding with Scott was that there were other issues that caused him to make that last minute switch

Maybe it was the free tour that was offered?

My understanding with Scott was that there were other issues that caused him to make that last minute switch

Maybe it was the free tour that was offered?

OUCH!

As far as Scott Steward goes, I held his hand from day 1 in the Freelancers. He had certain quirks that either endeared you to him or annoyed the livin' crud outta ya. For me they were endearing quirks - which left me continually defending him. Besides the fact that he was about to be a freshman in my alma mater after I graduated, it was not hard for us to develop a friendship. He ended up marching 4 years with me in the Freelancers, during which time it SEEMED he had immeasurable love for the corps.

It was with no small amount of shock that I found out what he did in '93. I'm one of those types who believes if you don't march in your hometown corps you shouldn't march at all... And to make matters worse, he went to the corps that I despised the most. So the next time I saw Scott at Sac State playing in their jazz band I asked for his patches. He went on about how he had grown OUT of the Freelancers and had set his sights higher... I said woop for you now gimme your patches.

In '95 at Concord's home show I was even upset enough with seeing him in a Concord uniform to go to the front rails of the stands at DVC and scream at him for his patches again...

I'm sorry if this all seems like WTMI, but in anything I do that requires comraderie, emotional fusion, and complete trust in others in my environment, I will always consider what Scott did to be an act of betrayal, ESPECIALLY when it involves a "grass is greener" scenario.

So yes, Scott was an incredible soloist who had potential spewing out of every orifice from the time I met him at age 13, and he ended up making remarkable contribution to drum corps during his marching career (enough to be brought up on this thread!), and I wish he hadn't done what he had done, but I can only hope it worked out for him the way he envisioned...

Maybe this post belonged on some type of "Corps Loyalty" thread... my apologies...

It has been an interesting turn of events to say the least. Most people I march with know my feelings about Concord - it's just my luck that the first senior corps in No Cal was so closely linked to them. AND I am considerably more mature than back then - even though there will never be a soft spot in my heart for the corps, I have nothing but respect for the Concord alumni I march with when discussing the Blue Devils.

AND...

You will notice that from a technical perspective here on DCP I have nothing but praises for the organization. Bottom line is that they are an elite corps year in and year out...

Cool - I wasn't trying to 'diss ya - can understand your feelings. I figured this was the case. I know you have respect for BD. I've had some people mad at me for leaving corps in the past as well as now. In the end I think truth prevails and people deal with it in their own ways..

Cool - I wasn't trying to 'diss ya - can understand your feelings. I figured this was the case. I know you have respect for BD. I've had some people mad at me for leaving corps in the past as well as now. In the end I think truth prevails and people deal with it in their own ways..

Hey Dougy,

Your real buddies always stuck with you!

;)^

BTW, when you get to Madison this summer, stop by the Crossmen rehearsals, or meet me at Jingles. . . I'll put you in touch with Al Chez. . . and of course pop an adult beverage or two!

^0^

And two of my "lead mates" in Spirit in the 80's, Hunter Moss (Blues in the Night made him famous)

You weren't kidding about making him famous... Last night at Jacksonville when we were marching to the gate, I got asked by members of both Cavies and BD "Where's Hunter Moss?" I laughed out loud.

How good do you have to be when members of DCI's elite are asking bout you and you've been aged out for almost 20 years.

so many great names.. We now have John "screech" Arientano and Dave " scream" Negri at Sky