Div II/III ANYONE???

Does anyone want to voice their opinion on how they thought Div II/III finals were? Perhaps some reviews or critiques? I haven't seen anything yet. Marching all summer in a division II corps, I'm curious to see what people thought of our show and the other shows in my division. When you travel around all summer and give up time and money so you can perform for people, and no one mentions your division in a finals review, its kind of disapointing.

Was anyone at finals, or even prelims, and would be willing to write a nice review for the division II/III corps?

~Kristen

BAC '99 Baritone

ECJ '03 Baritone

I honestly do not think that anyone went, unfortunatly. Lots I could say about this, however my corps does not allow it's members to post things of this nature on message boards, so unfortunatly I have to keep my mouth shut. But shame on the 20,000 + people who were in the area but didnt go to Div II/III finals.

I went to Prelims and Finals. Its hard to write a review though, especialy for prelims because there were so many corps. But I will do the best I can for the finals show.

LVK - I enjoyed this show, they have come a long way in just a few years. They have a good little hornline (from what I remember). I was surprised by how close they came to beating Marion though, congrats to them on that.

Marion - The show started out sluggish, kinda like they were just waking up (which they probably were) but then it got going after a Mello solo (by Amanda K.). The show was more difficult than LVK's and I think they got credit for it, because it may not have been performed as well as LVK. The guard was good, for the numbers they had. Drumline was just smoking! Congrats on their 2nd bronze in 4 years (Cincinnati Glory 2000, and this year!).

Impulse - They seemed smaller than in the past. Hornline did at least! I still love their drumline warm up! The Pure Imagination show was a cool idea, I liked the book telling us what was going on. My favorite song was The Candyman. You cant beat a show based on Willy Wanka. This show didnt seem as "fun" as the past 2 years or so, but still very intertaining.

Yamato - I really liked this show. I thought they should have been closer if not ahead of Blue Stars. But thats just me. It did seem kind of odd to see Yamato (a somewhat japanese corps) playing spanish music. But they pulled it off really well. It was my favorite Div 3 show this year.

Cap Sound - Had a very good show on Saturday it seemed. I think it was a lot better than their Prelims show. But I didnt like it as much as their 2000? show, the Prince of Egypt show. But overall they have a nice hornline, and have a good guard. Im not a big percussion guy, so I dont know about that.

Revolution - Honestly, I didnt like this show too much. This was my 4th viewing (San Antonio, Memphis, Prelims and Finals) and I still couldnt get into this show. But for what they did, they did really well. But I thought that Cap Sound was a little better than them.

Blue Stars - Once again were very good. I like the comic releif stuff they put in, it seems... I dont know.... so un-Blue Stars like. And the Mello player that tossed the 5 (I think) was pretty impressive! Overall a good show, but I thought Yamato should have been much closer. But Congrats to all the Blue Stars, and I hope to see you guys around for many more years to come!

Jersey Surf - WOW, most entertaining show in Orlando this year. Hornline is VERY powerful, and I just liked the whole theme of the show. Wipeout was cool too. Not sure what the beach houses were really for. I was hoping to see more use out of it. Like the houses could have opened up, and people coulda been partying in it or something. But either way, GREAT show!!!

East Coast Jazz - Ok, Kristen here we go.... please dont hate me for it.... but... I dont like Gershwin. That being said, ECJ had a really good show. I didnt like the music, but ECJ performed it VERY well. The hornline was good, (I thought they did better in Prelims though) and guard was good. I wish I could tell ya more, but by me not liking the music I dont remember most of the show, sorry Kristen.

Spartans - Playing the Devine Comedy. And they played it VERY well! I really enjoyed this show. And I thought they had the Patriots on Finals night. But maybe it was just because I really liked their music more than the Patriots. The hornline was solid. Color guard had a few drops, but other than that they were really good. And you gotta love the Spartans unis! So classy!

Patriots - I dont remember too much of this show, it wasnt one of my favorites. But i didnt think they would be as close as they were to Esperanza, I thought they were about a point behind (but thats why im not a judge!).

Esperanza - Wow, what a great show! Its amazing how far they have come and fast they have done it. I kind of hope that they would stay in Div 2 a couple of more years, I think a jump to Div 1 right now would not be good for them. But the show was great! They had the best hornline IMHO. But I also thought their Prelims show was a little better, more emotion and they sold it to the crowd better (Maybe its the whole rain delay and having finals in the morning thing).

Overall, this was probably the best year for Div 2 that Ive seen in a while with 4 top notch shows battling for the top spots. And it was one of the better years for Div 3 IMHO.

A few comments on other shows that I remember...

Memphis Sound - That week off really hurt! I thought you guys looked better at your exh. show in Memphis. But the music was great! Drill could have used a lot of cleaning, and the Guard has come a LONG way since the preview show!!!! Way to go!

Targets (I think) - Had a great Sop soloist!!!

And to the corps that did Harry Potter music... I really enjoyed that show! It was in the morning session of Prelims and the sun was frying my brain so I dont remember who it was (Maybe St. Johns??)

Bandettes - Once again, a great show! And one of the better Div 3 hornlines (i thought) tho... maybe I was brainwashed by the staff members shouting it all during the show. But the hornline was, and has been very good since 2000. I couldnt believe some of the things I saw from the Bandettes on the field though! Ive never seen them dance like that! b**bs b**bs

Well there you have it. A week late but better than nothing I guess. Cant wait to see everyone again in Denver!!

Memphis Sound - That week off really hurt! I thought you guys looked better at your exh. show in Memphis. But the music was great! Drill could have used a lot of cleaning, and the Guard has come a LONG way since the preview show!!!! Way to go!

Do you mean that preview show with Revolution?

No I mean the Preview show at Collierville high, the first performance of the year. I had real questions about the guard then, but the really pulled it together. I thought your exh show with Revo was better than the show in Orlando though. But still it was a GREAT first year!

I did, but by now I dont remember too much about any of those shows! My memory sucks. The one thing that stuck out to me was one of the staff guys that was in a nice button down shirt and tie and only boxers! But if I remember correctly you did the James Bond show?? Something like "Double-0-Chrome"???

I thought your exh show with Revo was better than the show in Orlando though.

Ummm....that was probably our worst performance of our entire season....we were laughing after the show because of how much of a joke the performance was, absolutely horrible. Semi's and Valdosta finals were our two best shows of the season, in that order.

Well, I guess it is different when you do it every day. But to me, I thought the exh was better than the Semis performance, it just seemed emotionaly flat. But I still really enjoyed the show! Cant wait to see yall next year!