The show review that wasn't

My Lewisburg review.

1. Bechtels restaurant. Great food really good ice cream and great service. If the Cavalcade is revived this will be a regular stop for me on the way therre. Score 92.00 no penalties

2. The washtub laundrymat. I had lost my card for the laundry at my building so I threw my laundry in the washer at 5:30 and went to buy a ticket since I thought the ticket window would be open. The ticket window didn't open till six so i had to return and throw my clothes in the dryer before I could buy my ticket. Fortunatly I had a carful of freshly dried clothes oncew the heavens broke loose. I think that country song about the little girl helping God make more rain was played a little too much on the radio in North central PA. Score 90.00

3. St Cyril's School for Girls in Danville when I was in high school and my first year of college me and my friends made several trips to there I guess I subconsciously drive up there every time I am in the area. No I am not a dirty old man but old habits are hard to break. At least I avoided the temptation to visit the Grier School in State College. score 30.00 (Only the Nuns were there)

4 MS Blast. For a virus named oafter a drum corps this wasn't very nice. I lost trwo days of relevent info. score 50.00 with a penalty of 10.00

5. Thunder,Hail and rain This was the most massive rain I had ever stiood outside through, When I was instructing OCS candidates I would tell them they had to toughen up and get used to it since the mission was more important than their personal comfort However I spec ops training and all had to run for my car once the hail came crashing down. score 99.00

6 Lewisburg crowd. It was great to see full stands and even full after the first round of rain. The people I spoke to seemed truly excited about the show and many were regular people with no corps connections. no one seemed to be totally bitter about the weather. I don't understand why the S-3 didn't order better weather in his or her OPORD. when you write the plan you should always put good weather in there , otherwise you are open to a host of possibilities. Score 98.00

7 scheduling show at same time as LL World series. I came up on friday nightr after visiting friends in Harrisburg and there were no Hotel rooms availible within a 30 mile radius. I wound up going back to my friends in Harrisburg at 2 am. Score 50 with a 30 point penalty.

So thder and hail won the show though the crowd almost came back and won, See you all in Scranton.

I agree. I was fortunate to have booked a room in advance but I was in my hotel lobby and saw people being turned away. Some were Bucknell student parents bringing their kid back to school, others were desparate travellers seeking a room, others were for the show.

If possible, this show should be scheduled before or after the Little League World Series. Also, this weekend must be jinxed because the Toms River show was scheduled on the same weekend in August last year. Superstitious? Perhaps.

I was in my car during both storms and I must say the second storm was pretty terrifying. I thought the hail was going to rip through the glass on my car. I was heading to the stadium to search for the Cabs Alumni equipment truck when a security guard advised me to turn back. I was glad I did because I got into my car just seconds before the second storm unleashed it's fury.

asked her father, a Lutheran minister if he could help us out any. His reply: " I am in sales Jeff, not management"

that phrase scared me...i knew it could be ugly.

What a great line! I usually tell people "I'm not in that department. Some retired pastor in Pittsburgh controls the weather"