Williamsport 2022

The Cabs' Alumni was a bit smaller, but I think more musically focused, less of that G spread and scatter that can happen with the old horns. They seemed really solid and tight that evening.

I stayed to watch the Honor Guard. I know, it may sound odd. Something told me to just watch them that night when they set up for the flag presentation. I look at many things. I search for great moments.

Side 2 move to the 50, perfect file, the flags at exactly the right heights and carry angles, the kick pleats spot on.

The Left Face on the 50 and Present Colors, PERFECT. Just so right and iconic. Lead that company front forward. Right here, right now.

I thought about this a lot. Everyone can learn something from this. What?

That squad never mails it in. Ever. People would love it regardless. My guess is that if I talked to them, they'd say, "It's our job! We respect the colors. We respect our corpsmates. We respect Post 199 and all who have served." They also remind all of us that there is something special in this activity when something is done well and with excellence. I'm certain George would have been proud of that moment. Thank you. 

• Like 1

Conclusions:

When I decided to attend, I was very worried. Worried about seating, and worried I'd be looking at a lot of half baked and unbaked cakes. I realize the cakes aren't perfect but they're baked through where I can enjoy them. They just have to get the decorations and frosting on a little better. 

As for the numbers, I have no dog in the fight. I'm paying for the ticket and not paid to render a decision, I just want to be inspired, entertained, and think of new ideas and concepts. I was.

That being said, I did look at the rundown later. I can read a tote sheet. The answer is, Game on, Baby. Right now, the way the numbers fall, the panels are saying it's anyone's game. If you perform, this is what you live for. What corps can avoid toxicity, drama and pull together? A lack of respect for an opponent can cause failure. 

The Bucs and Cabs' guards are both passionate, professional, and tough as steel. Westshore had a Championship guard one season when I performed, and both of these guards have those inner qualities/character that they need. The battle's on!

The percussion numbers are also mixed. Reading's scoring top Book, Cabs in Performance. Two swordsmen hard at it. It's not gonna be pretty.

I deeply appreciated everyone's efforts, but it's time to hop off and go back to being BigW, the GunFu wielding Space Samurai in Black fighting to save the universe in PSO2:NG... It's how I kept my sanity during lockdown and I enjoy it. Maybe I'll see some of you there on Ship 2!

• Like 1

good stuff...i took no notes playing Dad and son at the same time..i was just glad to see live DCA action!

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

good stuff...i took no notes playing Dad and son at the same time..i was just glad to see live DCA action!

Spot on, Jeff.

The corps put on honest and good performances. Nothing half-finished, half baked. At times, I was getting that feeling and vibe pre-covid from certain teams. I'm not looking for perfection, but there were just some instances from some corps where I felt they were serving up raw brownie batter off the mixer beater and not Brownies and expecting the audience to lick their lips begging for more.