A minor question about Flo

The situation:

Same house, same (fiber-optic) internet hookup (1GB download speed).

Two Roku sticks, each attached to a separate TV monitor, one upstairs, one downstairs. Both connected to the internet router via Eero wifi acces point. The house has one Eero extender.

Roku A; TV A: When watching Flo (either high-cam or multicam), the sound/image matches at first, but quickly the video image falls behind the audio, by several seconds. There is no discernable visual "slowdown" of the performers on the field; all looks to be normal in terms of speed of motion, sticking velocity, flag movements, etc. It's just that the visual timing falls further and further behind the music.

Roku B, TV B: All is normal. No problem. Visual and audio are in sync from start to finish.

So here is my very technical question: WTF?

On 8/5/2023 at 3:05 PM, 2muchcoffeeman said:

The situation:

Same house, same (fiber-optic) internet hookup (1GB download speed).

Two Roku sticks, each attached to a separate TV monitor, one upstairs, one downstairs. Both connected to the internet router via Eero wifi acces point. The house has one Eero extender.

Roku A; TV A: When watching Flo (either high-cam or multicam), the sound/image matches at first, but quickly the video image falls behind the audio, by several seconds. There is no discernable visual "slowdown" of the performers on the field; all looks to be normal in terms of speed of motion, sticking velocity, flag movements, etc. It's just that the visual timing falls further and further behind the music.

Roku B, TV B: All is normal. No problem. Visual and audio are in sync from start to finish.

So here is my very technical question: WTF?

Just a guess. Roku B is closer to the router, and Roku A is closer to the extender. If I am correct, reboot the extender and see what happens. It sounds like you are having a progressive audio latency issue. This is why all of my streaming devices are wired rather than wireless. You avoid these kinds of issues by keeping as many things wired as possible. 

Edited by deftguy