DCP/DCW COVERAGE – Saints Showcase - Columbus, OH (DCA)

Good evening and welcome to Yellow Jacket Stadium in Mount Vernon, Ohio, site of tonight’s Saints Showcase Drum Corps Associates competition! My name is Kevin Gamin, Managing News Editor for Drum Corps Planet, and I am here to bring you LIVE! From the Stands coverage of all of tonight’s performing groups. The event start shortly at 7 PM EST, so be sure to join us for all of the action!

My view for tonight:

Tonight’s view

Tonight’s weather forecast, courtesy of CARROT Weather, available for iOS and Android devices:

Tonight’s weather

Tonight’s schedule, courtesy of the Columbus Saints website:

Tonight’s schedule

Mount Vernon High School’s band just entered the stadium, and I’m happy to note that their snare line is playing on tilted snares.

First on the field in exhibition performance is the Columbus Saints Junior Colorguard from Columbus, Ohio.

Their 2023 program is entitled “Unstoppable”.

Columbus Saints Junior Color Guard:

Columbus Saints Junior Color Guard Columbus Saints Junior Color Guard Columbus Saints Junior Color Guard Columbus Saints Junior Color Guard

Next on the field in exhibition performance is the Nacho Street Band from Columbus, Ohio.

Nacho Street Band has definitely Marci Gras vibes. Needs more Hawaiian shirts, though. There’s a few drum corps alumni in the group, as well. Two of them, in fact, are playing on marching brass instruments, along with two Sousaphones laying down a great bass line. Trumpet soloist, followed by a saxophone soloist, really bringing the energy.

This is the Nacho Street Band’s third performance today. You wouldn’t know it from how they’re playing. They support and raise funds for the Columbus Ronald McDonald House.

Second piece is even more New Orleans style than the first. Sousaphones are even louder than before, while the rest of the band sings “We got that fire, we got that fire!!!”