Cavies snares in 01

Surfbuddah311

This has come up on the Cavies forum before. They were custom made (at least, those particular ones) and had to have attachments drilled into the drums.

I know there are other ways of doing it - heck, I saw them in my town over 15 years ago on snares, but the Cavies ones were detachable - that's the difference.

Mike

My high school is using hi hats. We just bought LP splash clamps, and $20 10" splashes. The sound pretty good, and it works...In all it was just over $100...incase you care...lol..

This has come up on the Cavies forum before.  They were custom made (at least, those particular ones) and had to have attachments drilled into the drums.

I know there are other ways of doing it - heck, I saw them in my town over 15 years ago on snares, but the Cavies ones were detachable - that's the difference.

Mike

Actually, I just read what you are referring to on the Cavies forum and the hi-hat were not drilled into the drum in any way. The person didn't know what he was talking about and was corrected by a marching member from '01. The XL mount they used in '01 were prototypes but from the looks of things the production mount does not differ hardly at from the prototype.

Edited by Hulka

The person didn't know what he was talking about and was corrected by a marching member from '01. The XL mount they used in '01 were prototypes but from the looks of things the production mount does not differ hardly at from the prototype.

Ah - my bad. Thanks for the correction!

Mike