K-90 King Contras

sopranogurl22

I'm from the Blue Saints and I'm trying to find a corps that may have had K-90 contras converted to three valve recently. We are in need of pictures of a completed conversion. I heard that some corps had it done recently. If you have any information post it here or PM me. Thanks alot!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from the Blue Saints and I'm trying to find a corps that may have had K-90 contras converted to three valve recently. We are in need of pictures of a completed conversion. I heard that some corps had it done recently. If you have any information post it here or PM me. Thanks alot!

Kanstul offers a conversion kit for $825

It will convert the 2 valve King K-90 to a three valve contra.

• 3 months later...

I've seen some guys from the Erie Thunderbirds with converted Kings; if any of them run across this, perhaps they could point you in the right direction.

I was told these are only for P/R horns, not K90s.

I was told these are only for P/R horns, not K90s.

you are correct , I spoke with Charles yesterday and he told me that his post was incorrect, why someone would convert a p/r to 3 valve is beyond me , so Im looking to do the conversion on my horn if the other option we have falls thru.

Well, it it certainly possible to do a good conversion job on them. Like I said, there's those Thunderbird guys, and I know that when Future Corps was around it used K90s that were converted to 4vs.

Hello...McFly... What are you thinking...If you really want 3 valves just get one of those DEG/Wilson 3-valvers like Don's for $800. Why would you want to turn your King into an abomination that will have different intonation than the rest of the line and risk turning a perfectly good horn into a doorstop.

Look Gerbil Boy , the Degs are #$%* in my opinion, however if we cant get the hons we are after(I'll tell you later) than Im considering this.

Its not like converting a Melli, a Contra is bigger and easier to work with. :huh: