Ok...Got Virtual Drumline to work!...BUT!!!!

BlueDrumGuy

OK I FINALLY figured out how to get the wave sounds from Virtual Drumline loaded into my soundcard and how to access them in Finale 2003. Now though when I enter a pattern the snare playback isn't playing the right rhythms

ex - 4 quarter notes playback as 4 sets of 16ths

But if I use the General Midi setup it plays back fine, just with the crappy woodblock for a snare drum sound.Also the unison Bass parts sound like ####, Split parts are awesome.....Anyone got any suggestions I would like to burn the cadences and exercises onto CD for my line for this season.

OK I FINALLY figured out how to get the wave sounds from Virtual Drumline loaded into my soundcard and how to access them in Finale 2003. Now though when I enter a pattern the snare playback isn't playing the right rhythms

ex - 4 quarter notes playback as 4 sets of 16ths

But if I use the General Midi setup it plays back fine, just with the crappy woodblock for a snare drum sound.Also the unison Bass parts sound like ####, Split parts are awesome.....Anyone got any suggestions I would like to burn the cadences and exercises onto CD for my line for this season.

I really haven't heard of that problem until now. That's a new one by me. Maybe contact TapSpace the guys who released Virtual Drumline for some tech support.

I've been using both Finale 2003 and Vitual Drumline together for about 9 months now. There have been no problems after getting them both setup. I presume you're using a PC because of the reference to a soundcard, I'm using a Mac. Finale works the same on both platforms.

How are you entering notes in Finale? Simple or Speedy entry?

How long have you been using Finale? It's not nearly as difficult to use as some people make it out to be.

Email me off line and I'll try and help.

Ted Boliske

tboliske@cinci.rr.com

If you're using existing MUS files setup for General MIDI you'll have to remap the notes to match up to the Virtual Drumline sounds. Check out this link for a Finale template to see how the staves are setup.