Syracuse Brigadiers Drum Line '04

Peerno

Instead of being close to a top 12 junior corps why not try to be like a senior corps which you are?  Makes sense doesn't it?

And what would that be ????

If you've been around senior corps long enough I'm sure you can figure out the differences for yourself. I'm not trying to bash the Brigs or yourself but it just seems that striving to be a junior corps in a senior circuit defeats the purpose of being a senior corps. I love both senior and junior corps but stay in the realm of your respective circuits.

If your mentality is to be like a junior corps why not go junior? Redesign the organization and head out to DCI.

Many Junior corps drummers do not take senior corps seriously. Once they age out of junior corps then, they are not particularly turned on to senior corps. What the Brigadiers are offering is a junior style program with a senior corps style atmosphere and commitment level.

Comparing a senior corps drumline to a junior corps drumline is going to attract the more serious junior corps age outs to your drum corps. Having the opportunity to compare our program to the likes of a top 12 junior corps is truly a great distinction.

Basically it comes down to this, junior corps style playing, junior corps style show, junior corps style instruction, with a senior corps atmosphere.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many Junior corps drummers do not take senior corps seriously. Once they age out of junior corps then, they are not particularly turned on to senior corps. What the Brigadiers are offering is a junior style program with a senior corps style atmosphere and commitment level.

Comparing a senior corps drumline to a junior corps drumline is going to attract the more serious junior corps age outs to your drum corps. Having the opportunity to compare our program to the likes of a top 12 junior corps is truly a great distinction.

Basically it comes down to this, junior corps style playing, junior corps style show, junior corps style instruction, with a senior corps atmosphere.

Shawn great post. You put it into great perspective for me and others that probably feel the same way I do. As when I was in Grenadiers we have had Top 12 junior type lines ourselves but just never really looked at it like that. I guess Grenadiers drums have just always had some kind of attraction to them to not have to use any kind of junior line in a senior circuit type advertising.

Still all good though. You guys have layed down in the past ('00) and I definitely did enjoy it. I also enjoy Minnesota's percussion, Grenadiers of course, some Statesmen books, Reading books (98-00), and that's about it. The lines really stand out for me.

Good luck to you and your respective corps Shawn.

P.S. You probably don't remember but I played in the pit in Grenadiers in 1997.

Adam,

I personally invite you to come down in December and Tryout for our drumline.

Dave Keck

Dir. of Recruiting

Syracuse Brigadiers

oh yeah, charter member.

Drawing closer and closer to the aundition cap weekend.

Just a BUMP, from your friendly neighborhood, Bumpman.

:blink:

ok now what the heck is an aundition cap ???

hehe :P

HAHA. Its just me typing way too fast...because I am so excited about this camp...CAMP, thanks MOM.

Now tell everyone how they better get their butts to this

AUDITION CAMP ON DECEMBER 12TH thru DECEMBER 14TH!

WWW.BRIGADIERS.COM

YEAH! ^OO^ :blink::blink: :)