Females on Bass

MuZiK11

It seems that i have offended people, so says "Matt." I am afraid that my posting privlages have been blocked for 24 hours. AIM if you want to yell at me some more... like many people have already started. It will just give me a reason to criticize the stupidity of the normal person. Though, if you think you can have a smart conversation with me why not try... I am sure not every person I have ever met is a troglodyte. Who knows maybe i am the ######## one... but I still promise to not respect anyone's opinion.

P.S. If you are a female bass drummer, don't send me a message. I don't want to waste my time with you.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 hours, bawker? No, try "this guy's gonna be lucky if he's let back on here, PERIOD"

:feednotroll::feednotroll::feednotroll::feednotroll::feednotroll:

Edited by Galen

Like your opinion is really going to affect any actions that I choose to take. Idiot. Go march for a real corps... then maybe you will get respect... but then again you're an idiot so probably not.

I HAVE marched with a real corps. 2 of them in fact. And unlike you, I HAVE earned respect from people on this forum.

That's all I feel like saying to you.

Congadulations, bandos respect you. By the way... "Don't feed the trolls." Please... you act like a child yet your are 22. You don't deserve to get the bonus year,yet I did notice that you marched that year. I think if you are so talented you could have marched somewhere better than that. But you are a horn player and you seem to post in the percussion forum somewhat often. I conclude that you are lost... when the page comes up where you can choose which section's forum, you're supposed to choose hornline... but i am sure you already new that.

Troll n.

A supernatural creature of Scandinavian folklore, variously portrayed as a friendly or mischievous dwarf or as a giant, that lives in caves, in the hills, or under bridges.

I just put this here incase you decide to stop being an idiot. No one on this forum can be considered to be a "supernatural creature", or a part of folklore for that matter. I am not new to this forum, I just changed my name.

Please watch the language here. I am hoping this will stop on this board. This is a place with a common interest and as a female percussionists....everyone has the right to post 'within' reason.

Please review the 'term of use' I do not wish to remove any members.

Hope this will help

Kimela

I'm not going to get too involved in this discussion, I just had to post because this makes me sick. Please do not take my opinions against any corps I am affiliated with.

First of all, I wouldn't take this guy's opinion into too much thought. He's obviously doing this to get a rise out of us... and is doing a good job at it. If he truly believes what he is preaching, then I feel sorry for his ignorance and everyone here should pity him... for he isn't worth all this argument.

His first argument was about how girl bass drummers are inferior... this is very untrue. The fact is, there are just LESS of them around. In fact, there are very few rudimental percussionists that are girls... period. I have met my fair share of talented individual girls, and there are plenty other ones too.

There are quite a few bass drummers in div II/III (which is nothing to laugh at btw). There are also girl bass drummers in Div I. Corps such as Boston, Bluecoats, Cascades, Troopers, as well as plenty of others come to mind. Just because there are fewer girl bass drummers, does not make them inferior. I am sure there are girls that could kick my butt at bass drumming, it really wouldn't surprise me.

Another argument that you had is that because someone is not in a top 5 corps... they aren't very good. BZZZZT WRONG! Just because someone doesn't decide to move to a different corps, does NOT make them a bad player. There are PLENTY of players in DCI that could easily make a top 5 group if they wanted to. It's not about where you march... it's about who you march with. I personally had a very tough decision leaving Cascades after 2 faithful years. A LOT of my friends are still there, and I know that if I would have stayed there this year, I probably would have had more fun, but if I did that... would that mean that I was a worse player? Absolutely not. If you look at it a different way, you could almost say that the people that leave their home corps are traitors because of the corps jumping. It has been discussed many times. The experience of Drum Corps is the same throughout. Everyone's job is the same. They are performing together as a unit in order to accomplish a common goal. I'm not going to go into any more detail on this because I could probably write an essay about it.

I guess what I am really trying to say here is that this person is truly ignorant in his beliefs. And he can't even spell Congratulations right, yet he proceeds to call other people "stupid". I bet he's just some lonely kid trying to get attention... and that is why I feel sorry for him.

I guess that's all,

~Jon