Same size toms

alexnielsen

Phantom has used dual 13's...I cant remember the year (must have been around 01 or 02 because that's about the time I was poking around for used equipment for the college line I taught.)

I think it was '01 when PR used two 13's but I though one of them was an indoor 13 and the other was a regular 13. I could be wrong though.

I've heard of setups where they have 2 of the same size drum in your tenor setup.  Usually the 10 or the 12 I would assume.  Anyone care to elaborate?

When I taught HS a few years back, I put together custom quad sets from individual Pearl marching tenors. I used 6/10/12/12/13; it worked great, much lighter weight than 10/12/13/14 yet maintaining full rich bottom.

Just do reasonable tuning and use good heads. I used Emporer heavy smooth whites and loved the openess and 'ring'. You could hear those puppies all over the field. I realize that's not eveyone's cup of tea, and keeping them in tune was more challenging, but I was never one to play ball and duplicate the flavor of the week.

Mike

Edited by hughesmr