When Star left DCI

We'll have to wait and see what Star's future holds.

Mark, atleast we have an alumni corps now!!! A pretty #### good sounding one too if I don't say so myself. That's a good start.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, atleast we have an alumni corps now!!! A pretty #### good sounding one too if I don't say so myself. That's a good start.

Indeed we do! :judge:

See you in April :rolleyes:

Edited by StarContra4-85

So spill....what charts did you play? How many people and the section breakdown? Any thoughts as to uniforms? AND ARE YOU GOING TO DCA!!! COME ON!!!! STAR MINICORPS!!!!

So spill....what charts did you play? How many people and the section breakdown? Any thoughts as to uniforms? AND ARE YOU GOING TO DCA!!! COME ON!!!! STAR MINICORPS!!!!

Heck...you could do the planned 94 Star program....La Fiesta Mexicana, I think???

Just start with that nice fat dissonant chord from the end of 93...just to remind people of who you are!

Okay, I will spill. The Indy 500 Festival addition of the Alumni Corps is BIG, around 140 brass at last count. We had a bit less then half that number in camp, but more then enough to absolutely blow away the staff and non-brass there. And not just with volume, but pure quality of sound. I personally never dreamed it could sound so good so fast. The mp3s should hit the usenet and the like any day now. I heard them and they are tight. The parade piece is Henry V. This weekend we also played through parts of 90',91', 93', and When You Wish of course. The Praise Ye fanfare from 90' was stunning! The drumline was only missing a few tenors and was surprisingly tight considering it was the first camp.

It is indeed tough to say what the future holds at this point past our Memorial Day weekend Reunion Gala and parade appearance. Though it is looking more and more like next year will see the Alumni Corps doing exhibitions at various DCI events including finals. Possibly doing a field show! I think I speak for many when I say it does not matter much to us if anyone else sees us, because it was so much fun just to be in the hornline again and play through that music one more time. The look on Becky's face during the last run-through of When You Wish was priceless. I am still pinching myself to make sure I am not dreaming. It was an awesome new beginning.

Isn't it great that Star looks to be gettin' the love they never got 10 years ago???

The first time you guys hit the field and honest appreciation washes over you will be the true vindication of everything you did in DCI...

BTW...is Bill Cook involved in any way?