2002 Blue Devil's hats...

31 members have voted

1. 1. 2002 Blue Devil's hats...

• Love them
    • Hate them

Blue Devils.....Besides Brass and excellence coming to mind, Colorguard is also high on the list of theings they do best. Since Scott Chandler came aboard, they are almost unstoppable....Design, staging, and execution are almost on another level......

However, what about the costuming ????

Sometimes they are on the money (94,99) sometimes.....Yikes !!!

(98, 02)

I think this outfit (2002) is just too gaudy...granted, I haven't seen it live...But I think these hats have GOT to go !!!!!!!

What do you think ???

~G~

Saw 'em in person 3 times over the last 4 days and I like the unis (including the hats that I saw for the first time on Saturday in Orlando). I wouldn't wear it on the street, but I think its perfectly acceptable for the field. What I thought was distracting was the loose hair- after they do the hair dance, I haven't yet seen all of them getting their hair back into a pony for the rest of the show. So instead of watching the intended show, I'm watching the girls mess with thier hair and then my eye gets dragged to the one that doesn't get her hair back up. Maybe its just me. Maybe it will be worked out as they do more shows.

Saw 'em in person 3 times over the last 4 days and I like the unis (including the hats that I saw for the first time on Saturday in Orlando). I wouldn't wear it on the street, but I think its perfectly acceptable for the field. What I thought was distracting was the loose hair- after they do the hair dance, I haven't yet seen all of them getting their hair back into a pony for the rest of the show. So instead of watching the intended show, I'm watching the girls mess with thier hair and then my eye gets dragged to the one that doesn't get her hair back up. Maybe its just me. Maybe it will be worked out as they do more shows.

Thanks Kate, Maybe I'll wait..and give them a chance.....I'll see them live this friday....

What was the guard book like ?? how did they perform ??

Also, do you remember the color of the silks ??

Thank you

~G~

I'm the only Schmuck that likes them!!!! But I am a drummer so say what you will.

Soory, but I see that I am the winner of the first annual "Foot in the mouth" award for speaking too soon.....

"Bless me Scott Chandler, for I have sinned" :lol:

I absolutely LOVE the uniforms...well thought out, elegant and fun !!

Go BD !!

~G~

(Who is NOT going to Beverly today becuase he is just too darn tired !!!!)

I'm probably biased, but I LOVE the uniforms and the hats. Scott and I sat in the parking lot at JSU talking before the first show as the guard came out wearing them for the first time.......he was very pleased, and I thought they looked great as well! I can't wait to see the guard again later in the summer as the kinks get worked out and the show becomes what he really wants it to be.

Ginger

Spirit Guard '85 - '87

I'm probably biased, but I LOVE the uniforms and the hats. Scott and I sat in the parking lot at JSU talking before the first show as the guard came out wearing them for the first time.......he was very pleased, and I thought they looked great as well! I can't wait to see the guard again later in the summer as the kinks get worked out and the show becomes what he really wants it to be.

Ginger

Spirit Guard '85 - '87

Hello Ginger and welcome to Drumcorpsplanet......It feels like there is "Royalty" here, what with you in the SOA guard from the 85-87 seasons......

High Guard two of three, and if it wasn't for bd...we'll, you see LOL

I must say, I did jump the gun on my thoughts of this years BD outfits......I love 'em now also !

Geoffrey

Oh my.......royalty?! (Can you talk to my husband about that one??)

I've read the forums here for a while, but never had much to say. Thanks for the welcome!!