2002 Blue Devil's hats...

31 members have voted

1. 1. 2002 Blue Devil's hats...

• Love them
    • Hate them

So what are everybody's fav costumes?

Personally I loved the white, one-shoulder dresses with blue lining and the big white feather in thier hair from '89 (I think). I don't know if they had a more "healthy" guard that year, of if it was the evils of white spandex, but it looked a lot better on the field than it did up close!

I've seen them 3 times too, but once in a pre-competition uniform at their Blue Devil Family Day. I think they wore mostly black and it actually looked good.

I'm not too keen on the new unis. As a bunch of folks have already mentioned, it reminds them of Chuck E. Cheese pizza uniforms (I'm not sure if this chain is nationwide, but if you saw their uniform you'd get the idea). It's basically a patchwork of crazy colors (alot of purples, oranges, yellows) and an orange/red hat (Charlie Chaplin style). You know its a distraction when you're trying to find two guard members who had matching patterns (there were a few) instead of watching the show.

Besides this issue, the guard really kicked ###. Since I won't see the Cavaliers or Cadets this year, they are the best guard unit I've seen all year. Every single move looked flawless and effortless. That's execution!

• 4 weeks later...

I think they should use hats that were more widely used during the 20's. I also though rather than weapons in some cases, maybe they could use canes!!! That would be tight!

Thanks!

Sean

w/Stp:

The hats are kinda neat. Not into the big hair dance though!! At least its shorter and not as goofy as it was originally!!