Favorite Winter Guards

rifleguy

I forget what guard it was...they are on the Fan's Favorite DVD....might have been Pride...wearing yellow body suits...performed to Channel One Suite...I think that is the most perfectly designed indoor show I have ever seen...and I've seen alot...there doesn't seem to be a movement, form or portion of work that doesn't fit....incredible.... :music:

you are so right!

all praise to michael gaines,charlie gumbert,keith potter,rosie miller,bart woodley among others!

everthing color guard should be!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I'm a bit biased on this one, but Sonnor has always come out with some of the most beautiful shows I've ever seen - and they always make it look so effortless:

1991 Kate Bush - This Woman's Work

I LOVED THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessed Sac 96

i agree!

although with some 25 years of incredible trendsetting blessed sac shows to choose from it's hard to pick just one! :music:

the gordon lightfoot shows are my fav!

• 9 months later...

:wub::worthy::wub::tic::tic::wub::wub::wub:

State Street Review RULED back in the day!

1987 was a HOT year in WGI

State Street - Heaven & ####

Miller's Blackhawks - The World Is Alive With Color (My all-time fave show!)

Union High School - Mannequin (When that huge fabric cover rolled to the back of the floor & all the members had "turned into" REAL mannequins I peed on myself!LOL)

:wub::music::tic::beer: State Street def. altime fave.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree the B.K.'s Sybil was incredible. I would have liked to have seen more ensemble work, but the show was really amazing, and really captured the true essence of the film. The girl in the front during the beginning of the show where she's cutting her hair used to freak me out so much!!

And I have a soft spot for Northern Lights in 2001, that show rawked and was totally awesome to see live. The sign language that they do in the beginning and end of the show was taught to them by my color guard instructor, woot!!!! :)