Kanstul or Dynasty

Canadacorps

Lets say these were the only two kinds available, Which would you buy?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Lets say these were the only two kinds available, Which would you buy?

• Dynasty
    • Kanstul

Even discounted you can buy a Bach or Getzen at a much lower price than a Kanstul.Are Kanstul trumpets worth it?Maybe.

Well, first and foremost, it comes down to the players preference...this I concede.

However, your facts are not true on pricing. The best price I can find for a stock Bach 37 is $1465. Kanstul signature line are out there new for less than one hundred more than that ($1525). It is not my intent to argue with you, I just want the facts to be represented correctly. Also, if you compare prices of Getzen's higher quality trumpets, which are fine horns, the prices are in the same ball park, if not more.

Pax,

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id rather play on a Kanstul horn over a dynasty horn, G or Bb. But Id rather buy a Bach :P

Even discounted you can buy a Bach or Getzen at a much lower price than a Kanstul.Are Kanstul trumpets worth it?Maybe.

Well, first and foremost, it comes down to the players preference...this I concede.

However, your facts are not true on pricing. The best price I can find for a stock Bach 37 is $1465. Kanstul signature line are out there new for less than one hundred more than that ($1525). It is not my intent to argue with you, I just want the facts to be represented correctly. Also, if you compare prices of Getzen's higher quality trumpets, which are fine horns, the prices are in the same ball park, if not more.

Pax,

A new Strad 180 can be bought for $1290 B)

I played a DEG every year up until now, I played them becuase they were what we had. The contra not too good, but it was aging pretty poorly. The G bari I played did well, but was really hard to keep in tune. The Bb I played was alright, didn't see anything overtly bad with it, and I liked it. But I love the Yamaha that I'm playing this year, and wouldn't switch for the world. But since that wasn't an option, I voted Kanstul, gee that was backwards huh? lol