Did you ever get to do this?

i had the perfect oppertunity to run over a percussion judge last season, funny thing too, he marched Freelancers and he was my band director my freshman year in high school. well anyway dare i mention his name *cough dan bryan cough* i had the perfect chance to run him down on one of the last sets of our show (our last show of the season by the way) i saw him coming, and with all of the things that i had to think about in the show already i managed to think for a split second about runnig him over, what went through my mind was exactly this, "oh man, dan's running to the drumline. i can take a 4 to 5 instead of my 6to5 and run him over. but i really need to keep the form. ok i wont do it." now i have regrets about it. i felt his shoe graze mine. and that might have been my only chance to run down a judge. especially my old band director. but oh well, i'm sure i'll have more opportunities in my 7 years that i have left.

Way back in the days when judges carried clipboards, there was a slight incident on the field when I was marching with Flying Dutchmen. The judge in question was standing a bit too close to one of our guard members, who at that moment, brought her flagpole from a grounded position to staight up. The judge was not hurt, but that beloved clipboard went flying across the field. I guess that's one way to keep the "ticks" down. :silly:

he marched Freelancers and he was my band director my freshman year in high school. well anyway dare i mention his name *cough dan bryan cough*

I didn't know Dan was a judge these days. Marched with him my entire time at Freelancers. He is a good guy.

Had a chance to take out the Monster Man, Gene Montrastelli (sp?), but as I had far too much respect for the man, and I didnt have a playing part at the moment, I warned him and he got out of the way. He thanked me for it on the judges tape though.

in 1982 our guard used these things we called snowflakes. basically it was 8 metal bars arranged in an * pattern with different shaped plexiglass pieces attached to them to reflect the lights. It was supposed to look like a snow flake. Well needless to say at one show a judge got a little to close to one of them and when we came off the field on of the girls had blood smeared on one of the plexiglass pieces on her snowflake. I think she took a nice gash out of that judges hand.

Sam--is that the same Randy McCray who went on to be asst. director at Mt. Carmel HS in San Diego?