I hate this

I know...it's sad to think that Canadian corps are slowly dying...but Dutch Boy seems to pull through somehow!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if you got hurt and came home mid-way through tour? Did you march that year??

I marched with one corps in 2001-02, then in 2003 was at a different corps until July when I had to come home. Now I'm back at my original corps and I'm not sure if I can say that I actually marched in the second corps......

id say I had marched with that second corps....if you got injured...theres really nothing you can do about that...no if you just decided in july that you didnt want to march with them....then id have a hard time saying you were with that corps...but since it was because of injury...i see no problem with it

• 1 month later...
The best ever "busted" story in DCI history unfolded like this...

"How Tony Aleguas met himself on tour"

Tony Aleguas was a snare drummer in Suncoast Sound in 1985 and 1986. He was also second in snare at I&E, with the most creative solo anyone had seen in years. Anyway, somewhere on tour in '86 Tony lost his Suncoast corps jacket (I seem to recall it was in Kansas).

The following year, 1987, Tony was in the Blue Devils snare line. After a show somewhere in the midwest, Tony saw a kid in a Suncoast jacket. He figured he'd be nice and go see who it was. When the kid turned around, Tony saw that he was wearing HIS member jacket! Tony, being the funny guy he is, said something like, "Wow you are Tony Aleguas? Your snare solo last year was amazing!" Meanwhile, the some of the guys in the BD snare line who where there were trying not to snicker.

The kid goes on about how well he played. Eventually, Tony told him who he was, showed the kid his ID, and took his Suncoast jacket back. Apparantly the kid was mortified, and that was good enough for Tony.

Tony told me that story when we were working at Disney about a year later...

That is the best busted story. I love that, it's hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

Corps "posers" are everywhere.

I've met a few real winners in this caption.

A few claimed membership in the Cavaliers, but most in west coast corps with whom I didn't keep contact. But it's still pretty easy to flush these guys out.

My favorite was a trombone player in college in '94 that claimed membership in the '86 Blue Devils. He would have been 13 at the time. I asked, where's your ring and how come you never wear your jacket? Funnily enough they were both lost in a fire.

So would I count as a "corps poser"?  I marched a few parades (in uniform) with QCC, rode in the stinky bus, and would have marched the season with them if they hadn't folded.

I'm not sure, I suppose not since you would have finished the season if they hadn't folded.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep....I've seen it happen many times and it does tick me off when they "believe it" themselves! One girl (back in the '90s) went to most of Crossmen's spring camps until she broke her arm......that pretty much did her in as far as marching guard. Anyway, she told members of her high school guard that she was an "alumni."  :angry:

I asked her did she get to march in a uniform or in competition? Of course her answer was no, BUT she insisted she was an alumni.....yeah, whatever!

All I know is you ain't a "alumni" unless you march a whole season! ;)^

with that being said.....i joined AA more then halfway into the season, but marched every single show.......i joined just before memorial day...would YOU say i can be an alumni?

Edited by drummerdude2170

Yep....I've seen it happen many times and it does tick me off when they "believe it" themselves! One girl (back in the '90s) went to most of Crossmen's spring camps until she broke her arm......that pretty much did her in as far as marching guard. Anyway, she told members of her high school guard that she was an "alumni."  :angry:

I asked her did she get to march in a uniform or in competition? Of course her answer was no, BUT she insisted she was an alumni.....yeah, whatever!

with that being said.....i joined AA more then halfway into the season, but marched every single show.......i joined just before memorial day...would YOU say i can be an alumni?

alumni yes...just no more "bottle" dance for you!

sorry i couldn't resist!

alumni yes...just no more "bottle" dance for you!

sorry i couldn't resist!

bottle dance?.....im so lost

:grrr: