Sticks

flamtap65

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does "3S" mean anything to anyone here?

geez, I'm so old that "name" sticks hadn't been invented yet!

Ludwig 3S sticks! My first snare pair!

I have one with a nylon bead downstairs somewhere. Very progressive for 1970!

The first name stick I remember, though I never had a pair, were Carsons(?). No bead, if I remember correctly, just a tapered shaft.

I still have my old Calatos in my backpack, but when I'm at Royalaires Alumni I use Hardimons. Nice stick!

Jim

I still have my old Calatos in my backpack, but when I'm at Royalaires Alumni I use Hardimons. Nice stick!

Jim

I like the feel of Hardimons, but for some reason I break and insane amount of those sticks...I've never had that problem before with any other stick....

If you like hardimons, check out the Tom Aungsts...Great sticks...

I may have to check into that...we've been getting some serious vatiations in stick weight with our hardimons the past year and a half. Even on "matched" pairs I sometimes come across a noticable differance in the weight of one stick to the other. Anyone else gone through this?

Edited by fmcorps

Same here...The music store I get my sticks from keep the sticks behind the counter and they are very anal about making sure they keep the sticks together so they are matched. Even with that I get a lot that are super light and some that are much heavier. I love the feel of the stick, but myself and my lines just go through way too many of them for them to be cost effective.

Check out the Aungsts or the Sco-Jo's, and the MS3's (former Casella's)...

If you wanna try IP, check out the Kuhn's or McNutt's.

The Hardomons I have are fine - well matched and have taken some abuse, but they are an older pair. I remember hearing that there had been some production problems with them lately (?!) If true, I hope that's corrected soon. Ralph has done enough for the activity that he deserves better. :rolleyes:

Jim

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I assume you want snare sticks? Anyway, that's pretty much all I know. I'll try to help you out.

Blue Devils - VF Scott Johnsons

Cavaliers - IP Brett Kuhns / IP Mike McIntoshs for MTS effects

Cadets - VF Tom Aungst / VF Thom Hannum Piccolo for MTS

Phantom Regiment - I think VF Ralph Hardimons the last two years, not sure before 2002.

Santa Clara Vanguard - VF Jim Casellas (discontinued, now called MS3s) through 2002, Hardimons in 2003?

Boston - VF Scott Johnson?

Bluecoats - Not sure, but it's gotta be an IP stick

Madison - Used Pro-mark DC-1 Jeff Moores for the longest time. Went VF in 03 I think.

Crossmen - VF Lee Beddis

Carolina Crown - IP Paul Rennick?

Magic - IP Colin McNutt

Spirit - IP something.....

Blue Knights - VF Ralph Hardimon

Glassmen - IP McNutt?

That's about as much as I could come up with. Feel free to fill in the gaps, or correct me.

Spirit is IP FS1's unless they changed this year.